What's new

Much Needed SR Shave

IMG_0118.JPG
It has been a while since I used one of my straight razors and since I did not have any appointments at the office today I skipped the shave this morning. This was a great opportunity to treat myself to a quiet and relaxing evening shave.

Razor: Portland Razor Company Leviathan
Brush: Vintage Simpson Case Silvertip
Soap: Proraso Red (first time)

Managed a very close and comfortable shave topped off with Captains Choice Bay Rum. I am definitely slow (35 minutes), but fast enough to be ready to tuck my youngest into bed.

Great ending to my day.

Sounds like a good way to end the day. I'm impressed when guys can easily switch between DE and straights. Some day I'll put the time in to learn straights.

Nice one ccpastork!!! razor looks Fantastic.

Thank you, the razor was a gift and I am enjoying it.

Well done

Thank you.

Sounds like a good way to end the day. I'm impressed when guys can easily switch between DE and straights. Some day I'll put the time in to learn straights.

I would not say it is easy for me to switch. When I use a straight, I am slow and VERY cautious. Not to mention I am still trying to figure out how to effectively shave against the grain. Nonetheless, it has its own way of helping me relax.

Do you have a straight?

Thank you, the razor was a gift and I am enjoying it.

Thank you.

I would not say it is easy for me to switch. When I use a straight, I am slow and VERY cautious. Not to mention I am still trying to figure out how to effectively shave against the grain. Nonetheless, it has its own way of helping me relax.

Do you have a straight?

Not yet. I do have a strange habit of surfing western style Japanese straights on eBay, and have done a fair amount of reading on the care and feeding of straights. I'll get there eventually.

Top Bottom