What's new

Crossed the line - First SR shave

Seriously love reading this, and wish it were easier to convince people that it's really nowhere near so frightening as people constantly think. All it takes is a properly honed edge. Such a fine experience can be had if people can get a good edge and get over the fear.

On the second point - I will link people to your post and encourage you to tell folks it turns out nothing to be scared of, quite unexpectedly simple rather. You're perspective having just started will be valuable for people to hear to help them get over that fear.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I don't know where the fear of SRs come from (movies maybe?) but it's definitely unfounded. More people need to see the light and so; please do share my experience at will. I hope more people can enjoy this art form of shaving.

All it takes is a properly honed edge. Such a fine experience can be had if people can get a good edge and get over the fear.

Congratulations @Golden_Edge on your great introduction to the world of SR shaving. After reading about your experience and the @CpnStumpy comment above, it is obvious to me the folly of my way for stubbornly using a factory fresh edge and slogging through a week of daily tugging, pulling, and repeat cuts. I admit I was jealous to hear of your great experience, but good for you!

As such, after reading this thread I have boxed up my SR, printed a click-n-ship USPS label, and will be sending it off to the honers by end of day. Thanks for helping me see the way :) and many more happy SR shaves for you!

Congratulations @Golden_Edge on your great introduction to the world of SR shaving. After reading about your experience and the @CpnStumpy comment above, it is obvious to me the folly of my way for stubbornly using a factory fresh edge and slogging through a week of daily tugging, pulling, and repeat cuts. I admit I was jealous to hear of your great experience, but good for you!

As such, after reading this thread I have boxed up my SR, printed a click-n-ship USPS label, and will be sending it off to the honers by end of day. Thanks for helping me see the way :) and many more happy SR shaves for you!

Welcome! Glad it helped you. When your SR returns, I am sure it will be something else; do share your experience.
Likewise, wishing you many more great SR shaves!

Sounds like you 've had one awesome first shave, congrats! 🍻

Best of luck to keep your SR hoarding to a minimum. 🤪
Tell me about it. I'm up to 40 vintage now. I'm a little miffed I can't find my charger for my cordless dremel. I have about 12 I have to polish and hone. Good stuff too. Fili14, Wolstenhom Frameback, a few DD Golden Edges and Wonder Edge. I started building a shave den custom wood stand a couple of months ago for all my SR's and soaps and gave up on it for a few. It's sitting on my porch getting sun bleached. I'm sick this weekend. Maybe I'll work on it?

Top Bottom