What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just mentioned this in another thread. My first order with Mike back in the fall was processed and shipped instantly. It could not be any faster. However, my last order has not been shipped out yet and that was 9 days ago. I don't know if demand has gotten to large to keep up with or if Mike got behind some how. I'm curious as well...

Well, some things can't be rushed. Otherwise they start cutting corners and natural becomes processed and good becomes once was.
But! In today's world of order from California on Monday and have it in N.Y. on Wednesday.....well I was hopeful. lol

I think he's just a one man shop, and has a real life in addition to his soap making. Occasionally his orders will back up a bit. I'd be willing to bet you have your soap by Saturday... Monday at the latest.

I think he's just a one man shop, and has a real life in addition to his soap making. Occasionally his orders will back up a bit. I'd be willing to bet you have your soap by Saturday... Monday at the latest.

yes Mike is and likewise the other artisans we know, like and buy product from . It isn't big box so to all that are annoyed, be a little understanding. Besides it's worth the wait.

I ordered on 4/14 and have not received my order yet either. I'm being patient because I know his soap is definitely worth the wait and he's got a small business going. I have plenty of supplies to last me a few more days. :001_tongu

Based on all of the feedback on B&B, I'm sure his business must be growing fast!

I think the 2 times I ordered it shipped within 2 days and took another 2 for delivery to central NJ. With all the posts lately I could see him being backed up. The only confirmation I remember getting is from Paypal. One a receipt for payment and the second telling me it shipped with the tracking #.

Yeah I'm sure he gets backed up from time to time. It is very much worth the wait. My last order took a few days to ship, if you order a bunch and don't wait till your out your good to go. Ill gladly wait a bit on future orders as long as he maintains his standards and continues to make an outstanding soap.

Yeah I'm sure he gets backed up from time to time. It is very much worth the wait. My last order took a few days to ship, if you order a bunch and don't wait till your out your good to go. Ill gladly wait a bit on future orders as long as he maintains his standards and continues to make an outstanding soap.

^^this. Pluswhich, as soon as my favourites are back in stock I'm laying in a bunker load. Just in case...

I placed an order with him 2 weeks ago of 7 of his soaps in the tins. I placed the order on a Sunday night and I received an email the following Monday, a week later, and my soaps arrived a couple of days later. I attributed it to his soaps becoming more popular. They were worth the wait. The scents are fantastic and the lather is very good.

I would stay on a back order list for a long time and still be content. I really enjoy the product, one of my top 3 for sure.

i gotta admit. the scent of Mikes is definitely unique. The Hungarian lavender is strong natural and more like true lavender. I have the peppermint and rosemary and at first I disliked it but grew to love it. I have been using it every day form a few weeks. Strong, present, great performance good slickness whereby I can quickly go over a spot and still feel the product.
It's on par with my D.R. Harris. I just grew to love it.

I tried my Hungarian lavender again using Marco's technique and face lathering and WOW that seemed to work.

I think I finely got it down. I don't like face lathering but it's the only way I can get it to work for me.

I'm in the exact same boat - I ordered a bunch of samples around 4 days ago and still have not received a confirmation of my order. I'm still very much looking forward to my soaps; I'm just disappointed in the slow response.

Last edited:
I think this is a very busy time for Mike as he is working to complete his PhD, and if I remember correctly towards the end of each Semester he is pulled in 1,000 different directions trying to complete projects and papers. He started this business as a way to help supplement his income while completing his Doctoral from what I understand. Mike is a great vendor so I would not worry.

Fairly new wet shaver ( about a year), and I have been using MWF exclusively and have been loving it. Saw all the rave reviews about Mike's so I thought I would give it a try. I ordered Lily of the Valley and was excited about trying it out. It smelled fantastic and I plunged right into what I thought would be a great shave. Honestly, I hated it. I could not get it to lather. I was used to an explosion of lather from MWF and I could not get this right. I re-read some old posts and found that most folks have discovered this soap needs water. So I tried adding more water and I still didn't like it. I read a few more posts about how thirsty this soap is so I decided to ADD water. I filled the tin up with water and let it sit. I soaked my brush. I drained the water off the top of the tin and proceeded to lather my brush without shaking ANY water out of it. I still didn't get an explosion of lather, but what I did get was one of the most luxurious, velvety lathers I have ever experienced. I absolutely loved it and Mike's is clearly in my rotation. So, if you think you have added too much water to Mike's, you haven't. After filling the tin and using a full brush, I still needed to wet my brush while loading it.
It's a great soap and the scents are wonderful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom