What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
WOW I wish my Hungarian Lavender sample made lather like that. I've tried at least 2 different combos and I can't get mine to look anything like that.

I got a new brush that I haven't tied yet (SOC cherry) and I might try it with that sometime soon.

I used Marco's method to lather it which actually resulted in it being to wet. I'd say two shakes of the brush would suffice. Also I put the sample in the bowl and then lathered.

Hi Cuttingboard,

How would you describe Mike's Lily of the Valley's scent? Is it really floral?

Thanks~

Not to break in, but I used my Mike's Lily of the Valley sample last night and it's a very light but present floral scent. Lightly sweet, very calming and soothing on the nose and was a big winner with the lady.

I just ordered a goody bag full of samples. My wife loves lily of the valley, it's her favorite EO, so knowing the scent very well, I won't be sampling it. It's too floral for me. I'm not sure I would like the rose variety either. Barber shop scent seems like it couldn't go wrong, so I got a whole bar of that. Looking forward to seeing the box on the porch now... It would be really nice to have a local retailer that would stock all these different soaps and creams for us who need instant gratification...lol

Not to break in, but I used my Mike's Lily of the Valley sample last night and it's a very light but present floral scent. Lightly sweet, very calming and soothing on the nose and was a big winner with the lady.

Hi Galactimax,

Nice. Thanks for the info. It sounds like something I'd like to try, especially since it's essential oils-derived and not synthetic. Thanks again!

I am a newbie to DE wet shaving. I've been doing this since Christmas. I've gotten to the place where I am shaving pretty close to a BBS with no weepers. Up to this point I've just been using TOBS Sandalwood creme which I love. And, I started off without using any aftershave. However, following the SOTD pics on the Facebook group opened my eyes to the world of possibilities. So, I have started collecting and using aftershaves (so far, Clubman and Stetson). And, today, I further fed the addiction. I ordered a collection of Mike's Natural samples which I am so excited about trying. Now, I am thinking about setting up my tent and camping out by the mailbox while I wait for them to show up!!!! :)

Blwells - welcome to B&B!

Many of us have camped out by our mailboxes... take some hearty snacks and go without shame :thumbup:

Hello all,

I am trying to decide on a couple of Mike's flavors to try next! I have a tin of bay rum (along with several BR aftershaves) that will continue to get heavy use, as well as a stick of Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper (love the scent, still trying to work out face-lathering this one). I was hoping that you gentlemen could help me pick out a couple more to try for the spring/summer! I would like to get a couple of tins as well as a couple more samples. I am thinking of the lime or lemongrass, along with perhaps the barbershop. I would very much appreciate any input or experiences anyone could share! I would also love some suggestions for complementary aftershaves if you have any good ones! (Anxiously awaiting the Captain's new lime scent!)

Many thanks!
Travis

Lime, Lemongrass, and Coconut are all sensational scents! I have experimented mixing Lime and Coconut as well, and that is spectacular. Those would be my top 3 recommendations, but to be honest, you can't go wrong with any of Mike's scents.

I've been living in a tent since I started wetshaving, both waiting for stuff to be delivered and because SWMBO doesn't allow me in the house anymore due to this "hobby." Two words of advice, configured in any combination you so desire: Beer Nuts!

Lime or barbershop (lime is very different than orange) and peppermint (cooling sensation for hot weather). I have eight flavors including the ones you mentioned.

Hungarian Lavender is a good one. I ordered a tin after trying a sample. I was supposed to use some willpower and not order more soaps this year, but the scent of Mike's Lavender was too good to pass up.

Thanks! Leaning towards lime and barbershop right now, along with a couple of samples. How heavy is the Vetiver scent?

I just used a sample of the Vetiver scent last night and it's a very rich, earthy vetiver scent. It's very pleasant if you like deeper earthy scents but if you're looking for something light and grassy I would look at some other scent. And leave all that wonderful Vetiver for me! :lol:

it's a great day when shaving soaps are in your mailbox!!! what scents did you get from Mike?

Well, I pretty much ordered a sample of every non-floral scent.
  • Barber Shop
  • Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
  • Lime
  • Peppermint & Rosemary
  • Pine & Cedarwood
  • Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
  • Bay Rum

Not really sure which one I'm the most excited about trying......

Top Bottom