What's new

Michiel's Shaving journal

Well it's quite uninteresting. It was stropped on the Edge Pro as well. I used Hand American horse leather.

Shave 200 today.

I'm not sure what razor I'll be using. it's been an interesting journey for sure.

Here's some things I learned:

No pressure means NO pressure
The chin is hard at first. I learned to move my face across the razor instead of the other way around. Just works for me.
I like narrower razors. 6/8 is even a bit too big, although I really like the look and sound of my Gillot 6/8
Synthetics are the easiest to learn for me. yest in general they are more expensive, but it's easier to see at what stage you are at in the honing process.
8k is not enough for me
Square points need extra attention :D
Shaptons rule the world! :D

Shave 200 today.

I'm not sure what razor I'll be using. it's been an interesting journey for sure.

Here's some things I learned:

No pressure means NO pressure
The chin is hard at first. I learned to move my face across the razor instead of the other way around. Just works for me.
I like narrower razors. 6/8 is even a bit too big, although I really like the look and sound of my Gillot 6/8
Synthetics are the easiest to learn for me. yest in general they are more expensive, but it's easier to see at what stage you are at in the honing process.
8k is not enough for me
Square points need extra attention :D
Shaptons rule the world! :D

:thumbup:

I made a new video of my Kamisori shave. Details of the honing can be found in the description.

Such a smooth shaver!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom