What's new

Merging two worlds

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I love shaving with DE.
But I have always admired the simple structure of Trac II. For this reason, there are countless styling changes for handles compatible with Trac II, such as Cintika.

Inspired by this thread↓ , I combined a Gillette click head with a Trac II cartridge.
DE Gillette Super Click featuring Fusion Flexball- something old, something new

I removed the blade and top structure of the Trac II, leaving only the lower half of the latches, and glued it to the bottom of the Gillette Click. The overall appearance remains simple when combined.
TRAC II x DE-01.jpg

Now I can use all novelty Trac II handles for DE shaving.
We can see that the razor head is not tilted much, so it is very close to our original habit of using DE shaving.
TRAC II x DE-02.jpg

TRAC II x DE-03.jpg

TRAC II x DE-04.jpg

Even if this head were mounted on an original Trac II style handle it wouldn't look too weird.
The slightly different angle on the back side is also very suitable for chin shaving.
TRAC II x DE-05.jpg

Of course this experiment isn’t a very luxurious shaving option, but it gives me more flexibility with a variety of accessories.

ERS4

That is a lovely razor, I hope it works out okay!

What type of glue did you use.

ErkRussel really started something.
I used epoxy, which is more viscous so it doesn't flow around as much. There will be no white volatile substances attached.

Just wait 24 hours to ensure complete solidification and it's pretty reliable.

My mind is still processing this!
What stays with me so far is the idea of a frog handle... :thumbsup:
Cintika is a very interesting series of razors from the 1990s. The author has a unique sense of humor. I would giggle like a child looking at such razors.

I compiled some relevant information.
The author even recorded a "song" for one of the razors.
Novelty CINTIKA / CA DANIELS&CO razor - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/novelty-cintika-ca-daniels-co-razor.644304/

Wow, that is awesome. The Super Click can be a great shaver, but it is far too light. This solves that.

You can also make one where the edge of the Super Click head aligns with the bottom of the cart. It will give a different shave. Maybe better, maybe worse. Either way, they will both be very good.

Edit: Maybe you can also play with the direction of the cart going in? It looks like you can insert it so the glued head is more horizontal or more diagonal?

ERS4

Wow, that is awesome. The Super Click can be a great shaver, but it is far too light. This solves that.

You can also make one where the edge of the Super Click head aligns with the bottom of the cart. It will give a different shave. Maybe better, maybe worse. Either way, they will both be very good.

Edit: Maybe you can also play with the direction of the cart going in? It looks like you can insert it so the glued head is more horizontal or more diagonal?
Back angle on the Track II is very interesting... Can't do that with my Super Clicks on Fusion and F3 Samrai.
Another interesting part of TracII is that it can be inserted into the cartridge upside down, thereby creating a completely different new angle.

Top Bottom