What's new

Looking for AdP alternatives

Hey there gents, looking for a nice AdP alternative that has a strong staying power. I tried several AdP types from Stirling's to PAA etc. I was wondering if you guys know of a brand that would last longer? I haven't tried RR XXX splash yet, how's the longevity? And is the scent very much like AdP?

Thanks everyone

X,XX and XXX are all ADP knockoffs (or so I've read here). I have both XX and XXX. IMO XX is far superior in both scent and longevity.

^ Huh?

[MENTION=108369]op8glum[/MENTION] thanks man. I didn't know XX was also AdP, is it safe to assume both XXX and XX are very similar?

I could be wrong but I think this is what they are supposed to be.

X - [FONT=&amp]Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi[/FONT]
XX - Acqua di Parma Blu Meditteraneo Mirto di Panarea
XXX - Acqua di Parma Colonia

I could be wrong but I think this is what they are supposed to be.

X - [FONT=&amp]Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi[/FONT]

Oh I see.I really liked the scent of Colonia,I haven't tried XX yet but now I am very intrigued. Thank you for the info, David.

Oh I see.I really liked the scent of Colonia,I haven't tried XX yet but now I am very intrigued. Thank you for the info, David.

I've only bought the soaps and not the matching aftershaves and I do like Colonia as well. The smell of XX was really nice and I might even like it better than Colonia but the soap was made by a different maker for RazoRock and I didn't feel it was nearly as good. The One X soap was a better performer (same maker as XXX I think) than XX but the Menthol that was added to the soap for that particular scent made it a bit odd for me, so I didn't like the soap as well myself.

Have you tried any of the Creed Aventus knock offs? I prefer the RazoRock The Freedburg scent to all of the AdP ones. Fine Platinum is another in this scent, and there are a few more that escape me at the moment.

There are a couple decent knock off colognes that aren't bad for a tenth of the price of Creed Aventus. For example, AB Lomani Silver can be had for around thirty bucks. Is is as good as the real thing, no but it's a pretty nice alternative and something that can be worn as an everyday cologne without giving it a second thought. I wear it quite often myself and I do enjoy it.

I don't think you're going to find any of the aftershaves to have a strong staying power as most don't. I've tried the AdP Colonia cologne and as far as staying power goes it was lacking as well. Enough so that while I enjoyed the scent I wouldn't purchase a bottle of it.

XX and XXX are very different scents. XX to me smells citrusy with a very pleasant soapy scent. i love it. XXX smells nice in bottle but a bit cheap smelling and short lived on my skin. XX currently sold out at italian barber. when it comes back in stock i will definitely horde a few bottles.

To the best of my knowledge, @dfoulk is correct:

X - Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi

And, to the best of my knowledge, Stirling Campania is also a Fico di Amalfi clone.

Has anyone tried both X and Campania?

but why look for alternatives in the first place, if cost is the issue which i totally agree with you (they are overpriced) i suggest you try fragrancenet.com i've gotten a couple on a massive sale.

If you are looking for an aftershave rather than an eau de toilette, the scent won’t be as concentrated or long-lasting. I would say, though, the Acqua di Parma Tonico Dopobarba (aftershave tonic) is a truly superb product and I think it is well worth the high price. None of the artisan aftershave splashes or balms have such a good effect on my skin, and the scent does last a long time with this. So for what you want, the real AdP product is so much higher quality than the alternatives that it does seem worth the extra money. Worth considering.

I believe a lot of shavers rate Ethos products highly and the Ethos Colonia is another copy of AdP Colonia. But I’ve never tried their aftershave lotion so I can’t say how well it compares or how long the scent lasts. It’s probably more expensive too than many of the independent brands, but will be less than the AdP product.

Last edited:
I have AdP cologne I bought in December in Rome.

I’ve used the Fine AdP copy. It’s fairly close. Just the scent and alcohol. It fades quick.

The Razorock XXX smells EXTREMELY close. Plus it has a little castor oil in it so it’s more soothing and lasts a little longer.

I prefer the Razorock. It’s so cheap compared to the real stuff I go heavy with it pretty frequently and save on the cologne I paid like $90 for.

Over the weekend, I put two (2) drops of Fine Italian Citrus, RazoRock XXX and Stirling Piacenza onto small squares of Bounty paper towel:
  1. Fine had the strongest scent
  2. Stirling had the weakest scent
  3. Fine came at you with the most citrus
  4. I could clearly smell rosemary in the RazoRock
  5. I could just smell rosemary in the Stirling
The winner for me is the RazoRock. The Stirling base has a very different skin feel than the other two - could be the witch hazel and/or the hydrovance.

The RazoRock is nice but, as an aftershave, it is not in the same league as Floid Genuine or Myrsol.

I should really eat peanut butter and jelly for a week and get me some authentic AdP Colonia After Shave Lotion.

I've used both xXx and Piacenza (soaps) and both are very similar, and very nice, though I've never used genuine AdP so I can’t say how close they are to the real stuff. The xXx aftershave is also nice but, like any aftershave, doesn't last all day.

I haven't tried Fine Italian Citrus, though it is billed as an AdP knock-off. They offer an eau de toilette ($34 for 100ml), which I would expect to be more concentrated than aftershave.

I moved from AdP to Czech and Speake Neroli. C&S is not as light, but I enjoy it even more as it has more depth. It was a splurge purchase that I have enjoyed very much.

I have Razorock XXX soap and splash, and I love the scent, I love the quality of the lather and I love the post shave feeling.
Today I ordered a Razorock One X set with soap and splash.
If I'm lucky I will have the set within a week (from Spain to Sweden).

Top Bottom