What's new

Lip Balm request

I thought i replied to this before...

I use L'Occitane's shea butter lip balm. One application in the morning and one at night and I'm good to go. I used to have to constantly apply lip balm all day long winter and summer.

Carmex is on my 'stranded on a desert island' short list -- best stuff I've tried for chappage, hands down, though I must admit that it tends to keep Mrs. Gruder away...

I like the citrus flavor from Anthony Logistics...Tastes great, hydrates and soothes very well without much shine. Also, it's a decent sized stick and lasts a while. Also, available in Vanilla but I much prefere the citrus.

Yeah...If you don't like mint then Jack Black isn'r for you. I've used this stuff extensively over the years and like it but hate the tube application. If they made a hard version, I would be all over it.

I also like the Burts Bees stuff but I find that the quality varies from tube to tube. I've had some that was very shiney with lots of menthol and tubes with none all.

Sharps USA makes one that is very greasy and not that great IMO.

Carmex is good for a short-term fix. Just watch out with long-term use: it can actually dry your face out more, causing you to have to use the stuff constantly.

Carmex is good for a short-term fix. Just watch out with long-term use: it can actually dry your face out more, causing you to have to use the stuff constantly.
Maybe that's what's happening because I do. Of course, I also did the same with Chapstick, Burt's Bees, etc.

Jim, If there is a flavor in the lip balm, it's not the lip balm drying your lips it's due to licking your lips more because of the flavoring/sweetening, even if you don't think you lick them more.

I had made and carried unflavored shea/coco butter balm for complimentary order enclosures for quite some time because of that very reason. But, most everyone wants a flavor or to have it sweetened. (So now it's sweet and minty :(
Sue

I use a product called ChopSaver, originally developed for trumpet players, which I am. It's 100% natural and, most importantly, does NOT contain camphor (which can break down lip tissue) and create problems while playing.

If my ChopSaver isn't handy, I use pure Vitamin E oil, which helps to restore the skin. It's also good for reducing scar tissue over time.

proxy.php

all natural & cheap considering the uber-quality of the product
HTML:
http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10751&storeId=10101&productId=16459&langId=-1&categoryId=&showSubCategory

Also use BadgerBalm Lip Balms...
HTML:
www.badgerbalm.com
Another all natural producer of some fine products. They tend to be more EVO based than beeswax based....A little bit pricier than Burt's Bee's...

Both lines are available @ Whole Foods & alot of vitamin shops

Jim, If there is a flavor in the lip balm, it's not the lip balm drying your lips it's due to licking your lips more because of the flavoring/sweetening, even if you don't think you lick them more.

I had made and carried unflavored shea/coco butter balm for complimentary order enclosures for quite some time because of that very reason. But, most everyone wants a flavor or to have it sweetened. (So now it's sweet and minty :(
Sue

Sue, I rarely use flavored lip balm, and I'm pretty careful about licking my lips. I placed an order for your oakmoss cologne last week (which I hope smells like the Muhle-Pinsel oakmoss and mint soap that I love). Maybe I'll be able to try your balm. I think the lip balm thing is psychological. You get used to having very moist lips, so you continue to use it. My dad always carried a tube of chapstick (about the only thing available back then) in his pocket, and my mom always had a tube in her bedside table. My dad used Mentholatum from a tub at night, as did my grandmother. So I guess I inherited my addictive personality. :biggrin:

Hi Jim,
Your order has already shipped, I wish I had known you wanted to try the lip balm; I'd have thrown one in ..... BTW, It's not something I sell.

I make the SCS lip balm, it is not a purchased base. It contains shea butter, mango butter, coco butter, aloe, avocado oil, vitamin E (tocopherol) and white beeswax. I've added sweetened flavor oil under pressure LOL.

Everything I have read about lip balms says the major contributor to chapped lips is from licking them more frequenlty because the lip balm tastes so good. That sets up a cycle where an individual always needs to carry and use a lip balm. Of course, as in any subject "They" may be wrong.

I have found some brands of lipstick to be drying so don't use them. Cost or brand isn't a factor, I think it is an ingredient, perhaps the coloring itself. I've bought tubes for $10 or more and also for a dollar, mositurizing quality is not price related. Some brands seem particularly moisturizing especially in winter months.

Sue

(SCS Oakmoss Lavendula doesn't have mint so you may be disappointed, let me know).

I use Badger lip balm (the stick version). It contains all natural oils, has no petroleum, and comes in several great flavors. The Chai Rose is my personal favorite. You can get it for $2.99 at drugstore.com

Top Bottom