What's new

Lilac Vegetal arrived at my home today...

She's right. Cat pee was the exact scent I picked up as well.

I didn't let my wife even experience the horror. I never let her know about the experiment. Luckily, I only had a small sample vial, not a whole bottle of the stuff.

I tried it, smelled it, scrubbed vigorously.

Anchovies. Bleu Cheese. Brussel Sprouts. Opera. Black Coffee. Sushi. Pickled Eggs. Yodeling. Really Hot Sauces. Lilac Vegetal.

Some things in life are polarizing, and you either like 'em or you despise 'em.

Now it makes sense, because I like all of those things :thumbup1:

Anchovies. Bleu Cheese. Brussel Sprouts. Opera. Black Coffee. Sushi. Pickled Eggs. Yodeling. Really Hot Sauces. Lilac Vegetal.

8 out of ten ain't bad.

You forgot Laphroaig 10 year old Single Malt Whisky. The preferred choice of His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, Charles. Fear not, no matter how much I have consumed, I still do not find Camilla Parker Bowles attractive. :001_smile

You never know - despite all the initial horror, the Veg may grow on you. Maybe try decanting into a glass bottle? Dunno though because the current formulation seems meant for plastic anyway.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You never know - despite all the initial horror, the Veg may grow on you. Like a fungus. Maybe try decanting into a glass bottle? Dunno though because the current formulation seems meant for plastic anyway.

I think that's what he's afraid of!!

When I first came to the shaving site
I studied what was posted with all my might
I learned about soap and scents and more
And I polished up the razors that I learned to score
And if I learned just one thing at all,
It's that you shouldn't mess around with Lilac Vegetal

I read about creams and aftershave
I thought about all the money I'd save :lol:
I read about thrift, and just about then
I started to acquire a great big shaving den
I spent like a drunk, but through it all
I remembered not to mess with Lilac Vegetal

In gathering up all that shaving stuff
I soon realized I'd never have enough
Then a guy name Phil whispered in my ear
"Although you now have all that nice shaving gear
Your den will never be complete at all
Until you get yourself some Lilac Vegetal"

The Nid Hog said the very same thing
That in the land of Aftershaves, the Veg was king
I was still afraid to try it out
But Walgreen's had the stuff on a big closeout
And so from grace I then did fall
I had purchased a cheap bottle of Lilac Vegetal

I took off the cap and took a whiff
The litterbox fragrance cross my nose did drift
Then my sense of sight was completely gone
But I swallowed real hard and then I splashed it on
My guts were knotted in a great big ball
For I had dared to mess with Lilac Vegetal

Once the evil smell had settled down
And all the houseplants had stopped turning brown
A new smell had replaced the stench
A sort of angelic lilac flatulence
And now I fear no mortal man at all
For I have overcome the Lilac Vegetal

Wow, except for Opera and Yodeling, You've named most of my very favourite things. (And I don't really mind Yodeling either, actually). What does that say about me?

edit: OK, I don't actually own LV at the moment, but I've been meaning to buy some at the local TBBS store next time I'm nearby. It's like a 'B' horror flick, so bad it's gone full circle into good!

Last edited:
All this discussion about the Veg has made me revisit it. I'd used it some years back and wasn't exactly a fan. Picked up a bottle locally yesterday - not bad. It'll enter the rotation tomorrow.

8 out of ten ain't bad.

You forgot Laphroaig 10 year old Single Malt Whisky. The preferred choice of His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, Charles. Fear not, no matter how much I have consumed, I still do not find Camilla Parker Bowles attractive. :001_smile

Oh yes indeed, Laphroaig is excellent. The 10 is good, 15 is well done, Quarter Cask is quite tasty, any of the Signatory bottlings fantastic, and the 30 is to die for.

well, considering its mostly alcohol, leaving the cap off means it will slowly evaporate, eat the paint off your walls and slowly rott the fundations of your house, its the power of the VEG

And the neighbors will visit and wonder when you're going to empty the cat's litterbox or change the baby's diaper. Won't it be funny when you tell them you don't have a cat.

Or a baby.

They won't believe you.

Last edited:
I think it should require this on the label...

proxy.php

Everybody should look at Topgumby's poetry or check out luvmysuper's amazing Pinaud video. Lilac Vegetal inspires art in those who accept it; in those who do not, it yields kvetching. All I know is that I'm so happy that tomorrow morning I'm going to shave with Mama Bear's Lilac Ice and splash on some Lilac Vegetal. Isn't joy better than grousing?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Everybody should look at Topgumby's poetry or check out luvmysuper's amazing Pinaud video. Lilac Vegetal inspires art in those who accept it; in those who do not, it yields kvetching. All I know is that I'm so happy that tomorrow morning I'm going to shave with Mama Bear's Lilac Ice and splash on some Lilac Vegetal. Isn't joy better than grousing?

Thanks Nid, couldn't have said it better. Inspiring.

For those who haven't seen it;

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124581

Inked Daddy said:
Honestly at this point I am unsure of what to do with my sample bottle of Veg, but right now I am thinking tomorrow I might bury it under 6 feet of concrete in my back yard.

This stuff sounds like Chlordane. (An incredibly effective pesticide, banned by the EPA since 1988 for good reason).

Your story literally had tears of laughter standing in my eyes, so look at it this way: your Lilac Vegetal was able to bring a brief moment of happiness to someone's life... just not the intended recipient.

+1

well, considering its mostly alcohol, leaving the cap off means it will slowly evaporate, eat the paint off your walls and slowly rott the fundations of your house, its the power of the VEG

Do not taunt Lilac Vegetal.

Now, her niece Emma Parker Bowles is another bird entirely. :001_smile

When I first came to the shaving site
I studied what was posted with all my might
I learned about soap and scents and more
And I polished up the razors that I learned to score
And if I learned just one thing at all,
It's that you shouldn't mess around with Lilac Vegetal

Gilbert & Sullivan? Nah, I hear this being sung to "Hot Rod Lincoln."

Oh yes indeed, Laphroaig is excellent. The 10 is good, 15 is well done, Quarter Cask is quite tasty, any of the Signatory bottlings fantastic, and the 30 is to die for.

Ooooo, there's a 30?! Oh man, I had no idea. I've only had the cask strength 10 and I love that stuff.

Top Bottom