What's new

Let's talk about Spam

Haven’t had Spam in decades.

To the Spam connaisseurs: once fried, is the low sodium Spam as good as the original?
Prepared in Brown Sugar and Shoyu first, you won’t taste the difference.

This morning’s breakfast, quick and easy with a drizzle of Sriracha

full

Being from Hawaii, SPAM has been a part of my diet since I was a kid. Heck, my parents may have even puréed it for baby food.

One of my early memories of it was how my grandmother used to score it, spread guava jelly and mustard on it, poke it with cloves and then baked it like an actual ham. Talk about war era cooking. It looked like this:

IMG_2400.jpeg

There’s a Musubi Cafe by my office where they sell all kinds of SPAM musubi. But one day I tried it with SPAM, bacon, egg, and avocado. Now I can’t have it any other way. So good:

IMG_2403.jpeg

Being from Hawaii, SPAM has been a part of my diet since I was a kid. Heck, my parents may have even puréed it for baby food.

One of my early memories of it was how my grandmother used to score it, spread guava jelly and mustard on it, poke it with cloves and then baked it like an actual ham. Talk about war era cooking. It looked like this:

View attachment 1713345

There’s a Musubi Cafe by my office where they sell all kinds of SPAM musubi. But one day I tried it with SPAM, bacon, egg, and avocado. Now I can’t have it any other way. So good:

View attachment 1713356
Missing me some 7-11 right about now...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
What types of Spam do the Hawaii costcos offer?? Any worth buying in bulk for a trip back to the mainland?

Top Bottom