What's new

Lets see your torches

So, if I may recommend something, I'd like to suggest the spark SD6-500CW.

Looks like a nice light. The thing is, I work for an outdoor retailer and that headlamp is significantly more expensive than what I paid for the Surefire. My needs as a casual user (backpacking, night running, dog walking) are also less demanding than somebody who might be using the light professionally. I wouldn't, however, recommend paying full price for one of the Surefire Minimus lights. It's a good light, but not great. Especially not for the price.

$20130709_122131.jpg

My Pelican 7060 rechargeable lithium battery flashlight. A VERY bright beam that goes spot on over 250 yards.That's being conservative. In fact I just shined it at my coworker who is about that distance and it lit him up. He said it's like a head light. Only drawback to this light is sometimes when shining it close up at object say within 5' it can produce "blowback" meaning the light bounces back at you. But for the outdoors and lighting up a room while having this pointed at the ceiling it's a winner.
proxy.php

Attachments

• $IMG_20130716_241357_079.jpg
    $IMG_20130716_241357_079.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I just picked up one of these for £7 from £30 and it's a great little torch -
$f03_truelite_maxi_3w_1.jpg

3 x AAA, 240 minutes burn time at 100% power (120 lumens) and 12 hours at 70% power. Construction's solid as a rock, very impressed for the price

Here's another good pocket torch,a little longer than my old Nitecore ,but puts out a tremendous amount of light with a single CR123.My old EZ123 put out 180 OTF ,and this Eagletac puts out 270 OTF ,a big difference.I would have prefered it to have an infinite rotating collar rather than a clicky switch,but this torch put out the most light in the smallest size.

Attachments

• $xxxxxx66.jpg
    $xxxxxx66.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 162
  • $xxxxxx66 022.jpg
    $xxxxxx66 022.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 162
  • $xxxxxx66 023.jpg
    $xxxxxx66 023.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 163
Those eagletac lights are nice. I have been looking at a Ti version of that one for a while. I just need to jump in and buy it.

Here are a few more of my custom and semi custom lights.

L to R
Quantum DD
Copper MBI HF
Ti Bitz Pocket
Aluminum Bitz Pocket
Brass Macs Customs Tri EDC

proxy.php

Long time Fenix user here. Not shown are a single AA and single AAA that my wife uses or has lost. :sleep:

From L to R

TK22, LD20, TK20, E21

The TK22 is my newest and first speciality battery light and it's amazing. Now that I'm set up to use the 18650 batteries with a charger, I'll likely add some more of these lights as they are more powerful and don't use up all our Eneloop AA's

I've been looking at the TK22, Bruce. How is the runtime on it?

I absolutely detest the runtime on my Surefire Incandescent A2 Aviator. It seems like I can put fresh batteries in there, unscrew the tailcap so that there's no battery contact, and come back to the light a few weeks later to find that the batteries will only power the low-light, red LEDs. The Surefire CR123As aren't cheap either.

I've been looking at the TK22, Bruce. How is the runtime on it?

I absolutely detest the runtime on my Surefire Incandescent A2 Aviator. It seems like I can put fresh batteries in there, unscrew the tailcap so that there's no battery contact, and come back to the light a few weeks later to find that the batteries will only power the low-light, red LEDs. The Surefire CR123As aren't cheap either.
Have you been to goinggear to play with the TK22?
By the way, sorry Gretta at candlepower forum gave you the broomstick on your first post.

Last edited:
Have you been to goinggear to play with the TK22?
By the way, sorry Gretta at candlepower forum gave you the broomstick on your first post.

No, I didn't even know that place existed. Yeah, I'm not sure why she closed my introduction thread. Kind of a weird welcome. I doubt I'll be spending much time on that forum.

brucered

System Generated
I have been on candlepower forum, but I usually only head there when i'm about to buy a new light or to look for issues with current ones.

They helped me greatly with my Fenix choice when I first started as well as my headlamp needs.

AABCDS, I'm not sure you saw, but I answered your Fenix question in the other thread you asked.

I have been on candlepower forum, but I usually only head there when i'm about to buy a new light or to look for issues with current ones.

They helped me greatly with my Fenix choice when I first started as well as my headlamp needs.

AABCDS, I'm not sure you saw, but I answered your Fenix question in the other thread you asked.

Yeah, I saw, Bruce. Thanks! I ordered the TK22 last night from Edison Bright through Amazon. Can't wait to get it and try it out and give my Surefire A2 the boot.

Its an Atwood for sure. Looks like it may be a triple aught design version.

Sure is an Atwood, spanner baby. But as Matt said it must have been a run commissioned by TAD gear which is a bit of a shame IMO. Peter had stopped making the Spannerbabies years ago. I have a couple, S30V and thick Ti versions. Ive been well and truly out of the 'scene' and i didnt know TAD gear had some made, thats the first ive seen.

(The Spanner baby was a variation on his standard Prybaby which included the little prongs on the side which were added to fit the pivot on Strider pocket knives.)

On the flashlight front, my current EDC's are old surefire C2's and 6P's which i bored out to 18650's. Malkoff M61N's and McClicky's.

All up ive had quite a few Fenix lights over the years, Surefires, Zebralights & Ti McGizmo's.

Travis.

brucered

System Generated
Yeah, I saw, Bruce. Thanks! I ordered the TK22 last night from Edison Bright through Amazon. Can't wait to get it and try it out and give my Surefire A2 the boot.

Good show. It's an impressive light and you should hear the comments when walking they a campsite when it pitch black and they see the throw form a small handheld light.

I hope you enjoy it. It's built like a tank, as all FENIX lights are. I got my wife a FENIX HL30 headlamp this year as she uses it for reading at night etc and it lows my Petzll Tikka Plus out of the water.

No, I didn't even know that place existed. Yeah, I'm not sure why she closed my introduction thread. Kind of a weird welcome. I doubt I'll be spending much time on that forum.
Your first greeting was from a employee of a vendor.
so the first response was probably the salesmans fault.

Top Bottom