What's new

Let's see those SE razors

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
what model is this? i like that handle..looks like the Segal handle

It's either a GEM Jewell or EverReady Streamline .. one of the best SE's in my experience, somewhat elusive but this one came from Tim via the BST ..

Attachments

• $IMG_5057.jpg
    $IMG_5057.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 288

garyg

Some different flavors of Micromatic .. (well, one is an EverReady)

Attachments

• $IMG_4455.jpg
    $IMG_4455.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 286

garyg

Another view of a Lather Catcher (1902 Star I think) loaded with the old time wedge blade, (or, as others have called them, "a straight on a stick"

Attachments

• $IMG_5095.jpg
    $IMG_5095.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 284
Silver razor, bottom right side of picture, what razor is that? That might be the nicest looking razor I have ever seen.....U got any other pictures of it, from different angles????

It's a 1900 Gem lather catcher. Came in that round tin behind it. You can't see it very well from that picture, but it's got a wedge blade loaded into it. The other lather catchers I've got there are more modern -- around 1907-1910 -- and will accept modern single-edge blades.

I can take some more pictures from other angles tonight and post them here.

Dedicated Streamline corner of the case and the odd-ball SE section of another shelf...

Attachments

• $100_5300.jpg
    $100_5300.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 281
  • $100_5307.jpg
    $100_5307.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 277
Here are these:

$IMG_3666.jpg

and my lather catchers:

$IMG_3667.jpg

left to right: Superior, 2 Stars in tins, extra Star blade, a minty Star in green leather case, Le Grelot Hospital, L'Essor (missing stopper), Louis in black leather case and a different Louis and in front a complete GEM in round tine.

-jim

garyg

There are some awesome collections here :w00t:

Another odd ball ..

Attachments

• $IMG_4864.jpg
    $IMG_4864.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 263
P

Pjotr

Dedicated Streamline corner of the case and the odd-ball SE section of another shelf...

Four Streamlines! Very nice. I consider myself lucky to have one.

I didn't realise there were that many collections and collectors here. Amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pjotr

proxy.php

This is my first razor since ditching the mach3. So far I like it a lot!!

I might be mistaken but isn't that the heel of a Featherweight I can see next to it in the picture? What made you choose SEs over DEs as your first razor?

There are some awesome collections here :w00t:

Another odd ball ..

Super great!

Gary I have one of those Henkels but somebody must not of realized that loosening the nut releases the blade and the retainer is bent such that with the nut all of the way up, the retainer isn't tight.

Could you please take a profile picture so I can see the bend that needs to be in the retainer "spring" (?).

thanks,
jim

As promised, here are some more quick pics of my Gem lather catcher:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

While I was at it, I shot a few of some of the other lather catchers I had handy on my work table. First up a Star that's basically the exact same as the 1910 Gem Junior bar lather catcher. This one's a little grotty but, man, does it shave like a dream:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Then there's a neat little Eagle Improved. This one unfortunately takes a shorter than standard blade, so I can't use it unless I get around to cutting and re-spining some blades:

proxy.php

proxy.php

And finally, a Star Cru-Steel lather catcher:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom