What's new

Shield Predator

Hi folks,

I bought a Shield Predator, head only, from Ali Express because I've recently enjoyed shaving with GEM blades in a Micromatic OC.

I didn't buy a handle because I already have a Henson AL13 and Blackland Vector, so I figured I could use one of those handles.

The predator has a slim post for the handle to screw onto, similar to the Vector. However, I have had issues getting either of the two handles to attach properly.

1709168211434.png

The post is at this odd angle, rather than being perpendicular to the baseplate. I eventually got the Henson handle to screw onto the post, however the top of the handle does not sit flush with the baseplate:

1709168340462.png

See the exposed threads? Here's another look:

1709168388652.png

I've not used it to shave yet. It does at least feel tight enough that I'd be confident enough to use it.

So I'm asking those who have experience with this razor: Is this normal? Would a handle specifically from Shield work better? Or am I just not doing it right, and my Henson handle should be sitting flush?

Thank you!

I know that you can screw the handle on much further than expected before it starts being cross-threaded on the Predator. Your handle should fit flush to the bottom of the base. Because the post sticks up at a bit of an angle, it's easy to misalign the handle. What ever you do, make sure you're using a gentle touch when screwing the handle on to not damage the threads.

Last edited:
Good razor, but just like you (even with a Shield handle) I have some issues screwing the handle.
Need to fiddle with the angle when you start screwing.. I do use an o ring and it helps a little.

I wonder if a handle with straight sides at the thread end, rather than the slight wedge of the Henson, might go in easier?

I've found that the circle (see image) is too narrow to accommodate the Henson handle.

1709485544530.png

The Vector handle does fit in there more nicely, but I went ahead and ordered a Shield handle to go with this razor head. I think it'll be better for it to have its own handle.

I have shaved with it now, and it's worked well. I've really enjoyed the GEM blades.

Got a link to the Shield Predator head on Ali Express? Tried looking about a week or 2 ago and nothing. Tried again and nothing.

Top Bottom