What's new

Let's see those SE razors

if there is a thread already dedicated to SE razor pics post it..i was too lazy to do a search :closedeye

im kinda sorta getting sparked on the SE's.

if you have a pic please post them.

what's a good SE to start off with??

lets see if we can get it up to at least 10 pages :thumbup:

Here's my current inventory. Yeah, I like SE's. A lot.

proxy.php

Here's most of my lovely SE razors. Only a copuple missing from the lineup.

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all my SEs by any stretch, but here are a few pics that I'd already taken until I can get some more shot.

proxy.php

Silver razor, bottom right side of picture, what razor is that? That might be the nicest looking razor I have ever seen.....U got any other pictures of it, from different angles????

P

Pjotr

Here's my collection. All used aside from the OCMM which I haven't got the hang of yet. A good representation of the general range of SEs from the humble Featherweight to the weapon that is the Streamline. Note the liberal use of o-rings on the micromatics (nicked that idea from a member). Works really well and gives you a lot more grip. Looks kind of sexy too I think. From left to right: 1912 short handle traveller, GEM Junior Baton, Featherweight, Streamline, Flying Wing (Bullet tip), Clog Pruf, Open Comb and the Push Button. Wouldn't mind one day to get hold of a lather catcher but that's pretty much all I can handle if I want to use them all.

Attachments

• $SEs.jpg
    $SEs.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 528
P

Pjotr

........Silver razor, bottom right side of picture, what razor is that? That might be the nicest looking razor I have ever seen.....U got any other pictures of it, from different angles????

If you look at mcdaddy's second shot (post no 14) you'll see front views of several. They're lather catchers. Others here know a lot more about them than I do but they're wicked looking razors and were the go between design from straights to safety razors. Older than the DE design. The original safety razor. You can use standard SE blades in some of them but a lot had wedge shaped blades (basically like slices of straight razor) that required stropping and honing like you'd do with a straight. The handle extensions were used to hold the blade for this purpose. That's about all I know. If you keep an eye on this thread there will no doubt be more pictures of them. Some came in a seven day set. One blade for each day of the week. Beautiful sets. You can still get hold of these sets for the price of a clapped out Fat Boy. Well, maybe a clapped out replated Fat Boy! If you check out Drews50s pictures, he's got an amazing array of these razors and uses them too!

Hoosier,

could you by any chance post some pics of this razor?

Attachments

• 68.9 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
Top Bottom