What's new

Let it grow!

Am I all that's left!?
My chin and stache have been growing since the middle of October. Cheeks and sideburns are trimmed short. I have a short haircut. The chin hairs are graspable and the mustache is starting to curl. Getting lots of compliments. :D

It could go anyday but I like the handlebar curls...

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My chin and stache have been growing since the middle of October. Cheeks and sideburns are trimmed short. I have a short haircut. The chin hairs are graspable and the mustache is starting to curl. Getting lots of compliments. :D

It could go anyday but I like the handlebar curls...

We live on!

I'm still rocking mine. He'll, I just received my new Wacker and I still resisted the urge to shave it off. I will just continue to collect straights to shave my upper cheeks and neck.

Every time I want to shave it off I get a compliment from the fairer sex.... I figure it's gotta stay.

I got some Blue Beard's beard treatment for Christmas. I don't know if it helps or not but I'm using it all the same. I think I've got a few lets ingrown hairs or zits under the stache or on top of my cheeks where I would occasionally get them.

We shall see.

I usually start on the first day of Fall and keep something on my face until the first day of Spring. This winter I've let it grow longer than ever, keeping the neck shaved and just a little tiny bit at the top of the cheeks where it goes rogue, and trimming at the top edge of my upper lip. It's been fun. I hit an awkward phase where different areas want to grow in the wrong direction, but I'm just about past that.

I get tempted to trim it back every week or so, but the longer it gets the harder it is to just chop it all down. I finally trimmed the sides and underneath. I used the longest trimmer setting which seems not long enough at this point. I've been keeping regular haircuts with #3 on the sides and back, so I have to do a little blending at the sideburns whenever I get a cut.

Unfortunately I get more compliments from men than from women, but my wife loves me with a beard so that's the most important thing. For care, I just shampoo and condition every day, same as the hair on my head. I use Aubrey Organics Blue Chamomile shampoo & conditioner. I've been using Every Man Jack mint aftershave lotion all over my face, and so I also rub a bit into my beard. Some days I comb it, some days not - doesn't seem to make much of a difference on my hair. On the weekends I've been using jojoba instead of the balm. Haven't had any ingrowns or zits this year which is nice.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
only shaving I've done since October is trim my cheeks and neck. I hate taking pictures of myself so you'll have to just deal with the funny looks. I've been really struggling the last few days with keeping it. A part of me wants to shave and a part of me wants to keep my beard.
I think it's about time I put my beard in the public though. Who knows If I'll have it much longer.

I haven't shaved for nearly 4 weeks. Was curious to see how my beard looks now there's so much grey in it. Will probably try out a few beard styles rather than cut it all off in one go. Might try to copy The Master, but the colouring will be wrong. Will add a pic later - and update my avatar!

My mustache is getting pretty long. It's at the length where I cannot stop lickin it. Does that make me a bad person?

only shaving I've done since October is trim my cheeks and neck. I hate taking pictures of myself so you'll have to just deal with the funny looks. I've been really struggling the last few days with keeping it. A part of me wants to shave and a part of me wants to keep my beard.
I think it's about time I put my beard in the public though. Who knows If I'll have it much longer.

Jason, my friend. Let me tell you about neckbeards and why you need one. Is that a pig on your neck?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My mustache is getting pretty long. It's at the length where I cannot stop lickin it. Does that make me a bad person?

Jason, my friend. Let me tell you about neckbeards and why you need one. Is that a pig on your neck?

It's a boar, I take my boar brushes seriously. :wink2:

Actually it was my fathers and he used to be big with riding the HOG. (Harley-Davidson)

I've been asked if I was a pig farmer before. And a cop. I just tell folks I really like bacon.

Top Bottom