What's new

Let it grow!

I used some of this to soften the beard and it worked. It would probably dry it out if I used it too often though...

$aftersave.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm 3+ weeks in to mine. Never thought about needing any kind of conditioner in it.

I grew mine out once for 6 months. I never thought about a conditioner until several months in. And really I doubt I needed it, I just wanted to try it.

I was glad I did and I'm using the conditioner now at only 2 weeks in. It did make it easier to comb and gave it a cool shine so it looked clean and well groomed.

Scent! I'm looking for a glossy (Rick Ross) beard product with a great manly scent. Woody, lime, whatever.

I grew mine out once for 6 months. I never thought about a conditioner until several months in. And really I doubt I needed it, I just wanted to try it.

I was glad I did and I'm using the conditioner now at only 2 weeks in. It did make it easier to comb and gave it a cool shine so it looked clean and well groomed.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered up some of the Raven scent. Sounds interesting. Got the 30ml bottle because my beard is not staying forever.

Scent! I'm looking for a glossy (Rick Ross) beard product with a great manly scent. Woody, lime, whatever.

Wild Man makes one called Cove that is described as predominantly lime.

Had to take off the stash. Never liked the stash, growing a Whaler!

$whaler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a few weeks in at this point. I've been kind of following this thread hoping to find a good beard treatment system that's less expensive than Blue Beard's Original. I'm already having dandruff problems and regular lotions aren't cutting it or really even making it through my beard to my skin.

Head and Shoulders work. In my experience too many products cause dandruff. You can find info on grape seed and jojoba oil, how to apply it to the beard, etc.

I did a little shaping to my beard today using a beard trimmer. I didn't take off any length just long stray hairs. Feels much better.

Head and Shoulders work. In my experience too many products cause dandruff. You can find info on grape seed and jojoba oil, how to apply it to the beard, etc.

I did a little shaping to my beard today using a beard trimmer. I didn't take off any length just long stray hairs. Feels much better.

I've tried head and shoulders and it worked before, but that was during the summer. Now that winter is coming in Iowa it is getting dry and dandruff shampoo isn't cutting it. I am seriously considering making my own oil concoction to try out rather than dropping $50 on a product line I may or may not only use for a month.

The last week I've been getting compliments on my dark, full looking beard. ;-)

Top Bottom