What's new

leg shavers-- what's your set up?

OK, I gotta question here as a guy... what do you do about (I'm guessing) more treacherous areas such as the achiles tendon and knee (front and back). Seems like it'd be really easy to do major cosmetic damage there, especially (but not limited to) with a straight.

I guess I'm a leg shaver although I don't shave my legs. I've mostly been using a Merkur HD with feather or iridium blades on my wife's legs. I tried a straight for the first time yesterday and although it went very well my wife claimed that she preferred the feel of the DE razor over the straight. I thought it was much easier using a straight since I didn't have to rinse it as often :001_smile

OK, I gotta question here as a guy... what do you do about (I'm guessing) more treacherous areas such as the achiles tendon and knee (front and back). Seems like it'd be really easy to do major cosmetic damage there, especially (but not limited to) with a straight.

It really wasn't too much of a problem when I tried yesterday. I used a W&B with a rounded point and could use that to get into the more curved areas without risking any damage. If I had used a razor with a point it probably would have been much harder.

Okay so I'm a straight and DE shavin' gal and yes the knee can me a pain in the back to do. Each woman finds her own way for it. Some keep their knee straight, some bend their knee.
Personally I find I get the best shave if I do the lower half of the knee with my leg bent and the top half (including the knee-cap) with it straightened out.

The ankle is also another common problem area but it also depends on how you are built. Personally I have very slim ankles but in saying that I have little-to-no problem shaving there with either weapon. In saying that, my leg hair only grows down as far as the top of the ankle bone that sticks out the side, so I don't have to deal with the trickier areas lower around the tendon.
However lifting your heel up slightly (and being just on the balls of your feet) will give a slightly flatter surface in that area.

And you guys thought you pulled weird faces while shaving - us leg shavers have to practically be contortionists! :lol::lol::lol:
(esp if you want to shave your legs with a straight. I'm just lucky I'm an ambidextrous shaver!)

Okay so I'm a straight and DE shavin' gal and yes the knee can me a pain in the back to do. Each woman finds her own way for it. Some keep their knee straight, some bend their knee.
Personally I find I get the best shave if I do the lower half of the knee with my leg bent and the top half (including the knee-cap) with it straightened out.

The ankle is also another common problem area but it also depends on how you are built. Personally I have very slim ankles but in saying that I have little-to-no problem shaving there with either weapon. In saying that, my leg hair only grows down as far as the top of the ankle bone that sticks out the side, so I don't have to deal with the trickier areas lower around the tendon.
However lifting your heel up slightly (and being just on the balls of your feet) will give a slightly flatter surface in that area.

And you guys thought you pulled weird faces while shaving - us leg shavers have to practically be contortionists! :lol::lol::lol:
(esp if you want to shave your legs with a straight. I'm just lucky I'm an ambidextrous shaver!)

Thanks. I can't even imagine the dexterity / contortionism involved. Kudos.

No pressure, my friend. No pressure.

:yesnod:
Thanks. I can't even imagine the dexterity / contortionism involved. Kudos.

:bored: You make leg shavers sound like circus folk. :lol:

Do you typically go ATG immediately even when using a straight? I did that yesterday and it seemed to work but I was a bit worried about it before trying.

Okay sorry to quote myself but man, if ever I got to pick my own custom title it just occurred to me that this would be hilarious!

And now that you've pointed that out, it'll never happen. :nonod:
Sorry, but that's the way it goes. Mod Psychology 101. Just ask Gruder.

Top Bottom