What's new

La Toja is just so nice.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
La Toja has become my #1 soap. The alum mineral salts in its ingredients does away with having to use an alum block after the shave. One can lather up and close weepers at the same time.

I grate my La Toja sticks into a nice wooden bowl just like the Manantiales came in a wooden bowl.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Oh, I thought so. I would have liked to try that Manatiales.

I still have about 50% of my Manantiales puck and like to use it on special occasions. I will definitely keep the beautiful wooden bowl with cork cap when it's finished.

There was a puck, but it was discontinued. Much weeping and wailing ensued, but the stick is very close to as good as the Manantiales.
The stick is pretty much my go-to these days.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/260238-Goodbye-La-Toja-Manantiales

Weren't the ingredients of the stick and the jar the same, or am I remembering that wrong? In any case I bought several sticks and made one into a puck. It's a fine puck, works like any of my other pucks ... except it's LT!

I'm sold on shave sticks. The only one I've used is Arko, and my wife is not crazy about the scent of it at all; in fact, she complains that it stinks up the whole bathroom. How would you describe the scent of La Toja? especially compared to Arko?

Just used la toja stick last night actually- awesome lather! To me it smells kind of salty, fresh, spicey, almost licoricey. Yeah, like Dutch salty licorice! Epiphany! Man I love that stuff! Anyways, I love the scent and lather so much I am considering grating my stick into a puck as that works best for me. Shame actually as the container is a great design.

I would describe the La Toja scent as not over-powering. where some people find the Arko scent to be quite strong( lemon). It is more of a clean soap type scent like Mitchell's.

I would say it's one of those I-don't-get-what-all-the-fuss-is-about kind of scents when you first get it. But it grows on you with a few uses - like a great song (at the risk of sounding really corny). It's a fresh scent that is subtle and warm.

I would say it's one of those I-don't-get-what-all-the-fuss-is-about kind of scents when you first get it. But it grows on you with a few uses - like a great song (at the risk of sounding really corny). It's a fresh scent that is subtle and warm.

I would agree with Peter's statement here. Speick stick is another scent that I would describe this way too. They are not overpowering or flamboyant..... I just think "masculine and clean" when I smell them. All La Toja products have that mineral like scent IMO..... while I don't like it so much in the aftershave splash, I don't mind it in their creams, soap and balms. The soap stick is a great scent with great performance and lather.

Ben

I wish my La Toja smelled of something. Anything.
Barely even smells of soap.
Been 3017ing my stick - more than half way through and I get a perfect lather every time.

I grated my stick in a tub....great shaves .My puck lasted only 20 shaves...not important just telling you.
IMHO quality much much better than MDC....and for a fraction of the cost!

Never tried the Manantiales

Tam

Im glad to see this today. I am on holiday in Spain at the moment and I've just picked up two of the shave sticks for 2€ each. Bargain.
I cant wait to return home and try them. Every time that we have been into a store I have been looking for shaving stuff but only found these so far.

Buy more. They're that good and you can always PIF 'em (like I did with Palmolive sticks that I personally found to be not that good) if you don't like 'em.

Im glad to see this today. I am on holiday in Spain at the moment and I've just picked up two of the shave sticks for 2€ each. Bargain.
I cant wait to return home and try them. Every time that we have been into a store I have been looking for shaving stuff but only found these so far.

Go to the shop "El Corte Englés" they have a big big shaving department...last time I bought there the new Tallow version of LEA stick...dirt cheap...Floid etc....keep us posted...

Tam

Top Bottom