What's new

LA Shaving Soap Love!

So I got some Bespoke 1 back in October, and I can't stop using it. I love the scent, how complex it is, and how it fills my bathroom when I am whipping it up. It lathers great and gives me great shaves. I first dealt with John months ago when he posted that he had a couple test formulas to try and I've been bugging him for a menthol soap since he sent me a Malibu Menthol sample last summer. Well, he is sending me a Summer Down Under which is a mentholated soap that uses Shiraz instead of water. I am so excited because I love the complexity of what he has made so far, and can't wait to see how this one is.

So, I want to hear about your love for his soaps, whatever they are.

Nick

I just started using the Woody Lavender and it's awesome. Really selling me on performance and scent.

I have a tub of Bespoke on the way.

I've started offloading my backup RazoRock soaps since I expect LASS to take up some spots in the rotation.

Let me know what you think of Summer Down Under. I'm making my way through a tub of Bespoke and trying to stay away from the Woody Lavender I picked up for a DE set up I'm giving to my son for Christmas.

I've tried some creams but keep coming back to this soap. I've been tempted to try other soaps but probably won't. LASS does the job perfectly and I've found the sweet spot in terms of amount of product, water, etc. so I'm happy every day. I'd rather spend my money on more razors!

I'm a big LASS fan also. My favorites are the Bespoke #1 and the Woody Lavender. Fantastic scents and performers. LASS makes my "Top 5" list.

I am currently going through a sample of Spring Street. Great lather, very easy to lather in fact and seems to me a bit tolerant of water levels on the brush. No ultra-narrow sweet spot for me. But the scent is a little to perfumey to me. I do have a full jar of Hollywood Romance in the stockpile though. Smells much better to me.

I've been working on a tub of Topanga Fougere this month. I love the scent and the performance is great. I also have the Bay Rum and Bespoke 1, neither of which I've tried yet.

So many soaps, so little time!

I ordered his Bay Rum and I'm satisfied with that. I also ordered some of the Bespoke, can't remember the number right off, but I have yet to try it.

Bespoke #1 smells like Christmas... dunno why I thought that but damn is that scent so intoxicating... I'm a fan, I wonder if I'll like Myrkvior?

I recently received my first LASS soap - woody lavender. Haven't shaved with it yet, but it smells incredible. If the performance matches the scent I will be very impressed.

I got a sampler of LASS soaps a while back. My faves are Bespoke and Topanga Fougere. Really complex scents with plenty of strength. I almost bought a Woody Lavender, but I figured two $20+ soaps was enough. That's been my favorite lavender soap of the ones I've tried. The different woods really do compliment the lavender.

John is doing some special things. Great soap, great service, and his BBS-1 razors are the best stainless DE razors on the market IMO. As for his soaps, Bespoke #1 is by far my favorite, followed by Woody Lavender and Topanga Fougere in that order.

I used a new tub of Spring Street for the first time this morning since it came with my new BBS-1 yesterday. First impressions were that it is very similar to Topanga Fougere, maybe only slightly lighter and sweeter. If I had to do a blindfolded test I'd probably have a hard time telling which was which.

It also came with samples of Myrkvior and Vanilla/Eucalyptus/Mint. Surprisingly I enjoyed both of those scents. I say surprising because I found the Bespoke #1 a bit too dark and earthy for my tastes, but the Myrkvior was more pleasant to me. And normally I don't like Eucalyptus scents, but I guess the vanilla and mint really improved it, since I think this might be the next one I order.

Top Bottom