What's new

Karve Overlander

Thank you @jason2, I have mixed Timeless parts and swapped out handles but never have I used dissimilar brand cap and plate before. You inspired me and I ended up with my most enjoyable shave in a decade!

Timeless SS scalloped cap (gold plated)
Overlander plate
Timeless crown handle
Treet Platinum blade
Sea Spiced Lime soap
CC copper bowl
SOC Mistura brush
Stirling lemon chill AS
Power Stick lotion
View attachment 1787309
Pictures are nice but you're leaving us hanging. Please say more about the change.

... Thom

It was real better!

The cap was noticeably smoother sliding and it’s smaller, thus exposing more blade on the top. Not sure if that matters although it looks like it might clamp less. I went fully steep as always and it was a brainless, like normal shave with the OV plate. This is a usual blade/soap/prep day and I have used the crown handle many times before.
The really only appreciable difference was the cap add. Sometimes I do get a little drag with the brass cap and I chalk it up to poor lather making. This Timeless cap was like butter on a hot pan. Anecdotal, for sure as this was my first time with this dance partner. I also enjoyed much build up, reading this thread and preparing for a new and exciting shave. My plan is to ride this pony for a week or so and find out if my bliss is repeatable.
I will let y’all know🤓.

That said it appears to shave comfortably and doesn't seem to require a weird angle or anything.
That's one thing that I have appreciated in the Overlander, it works with my technique. I didn't have to focus on holding it at some special angle to get it to work, it just works! It's like this razor does everything right, like it was tailor made for me. I don't think it's possible to get a better shave!

That's one thing that I have appreciated in the Overlander, it works with my technique. I didn't have to focus on holding it at some special angle to get it to work, it just works! It's like this razor does everything right, like it was tailor made for me. I don't think it's possible to get a better shave!
You better get off this forum quick before the RAD gets you!

The Overlander has almost completely stopped RAD. I know nothing will give a better shave!
2 passes for DFS+ or better, all you need to do is maintain a neutral...ish angle. I only occasionally use another razor because I own them and need to justify the money I spent!
The aluminum version is tops for me. Buying a second for my birthday to put in my travel kit...I am way to scatter brained to think about grooming before a trip!
1000002947.jpg

Top Bottom