What's new

Karve Goatlander Brotherhood (KGB)

I just got my brass Overlander with G-Tech handle in time for my daily shave! When I ordered this setup I was looking for a modern Tech and a mild, but efficient daily option to rotate in with more aggressive razors. I'm really trying to prioritize comfort, which means reducing redness and treating my face better in general. But I don't want to skip days because the stubble also irritates me. I wear lightweight golf shirts almost every day, and my beard catches and picks at the collars if I don't shave. I use the Vector every 2-4 days and have been rotating between a few DE razors for the days between. After just one shave with the Overlander, it looks promising. The results with the Sharpedge were fantastic—two passes for a very comfortable DFS. Zero redness or irritation. I want to experiment with more blades and get to know it better, but I think the Overlander will replace my R89, Era, and Henson mild. I'm not surprised, because this is what I expected (and hoped for) after reading the posts here. The build quality, machining, and finishing are top-notch, flawless as far as I can see.
IMG_8905.JPEG

IMG_8898.JPEG

I got around to trying a Kai in the Overlander to very nice results. I hoped it would provide the smooth shave I’ve already become accustomed to (except with the GSB. For some reason that didn’t go as well) while bumping up the efficiency a bit. That is exactly what I got. With the Kai I’m able to get a 1 pass CCS. To this point everything else has required 2 passes and amounted to a DFS. This is really nice for the days I want to take it easier on my face.
IMG_8965.jpeg

I just got notification from the USPS that my brass Overlander should be delivered by the end of this coming week. I ordered it on April 16th, so I guess delivery is about what I expected. I'm excited to give it a try with a Personna Lab Blue. I'll keep you posted...⏳

20240522_210752.jpg

Yesterday shave💈
The Bison handle reignites the Overlander, makes it nimble and the weight distribution is more balanced than the knopf pommel.
Smooth ride with Permasharp(2)

The Zenith 505B SE is a mystery to me. It behaves like a paintbrush, wet and sloppy without lathergenerating abilities.
Performance was so bad I switched to the Yaqi Sangrada/Proraso Blue midshave.

It lost like twenty bristles during the initial soaking and about five in the four shaves its been put to use. Yet to show any form of splay.

Zeniths are regarded as top of the line boars, maybe I got a defective, probably should post this in the brush forum. Plan is to keep soaking it until some splay is formed and it releases lather instead of hogging it🤷‍♂️

Karve OL Aluminum with a Dorco Prime (2) blade. The brush is a cheap Dscosmetic Galaxy that is a lot prettier than it has any right to be. I've been using Stirling Sheep pretty much exclusively these days, as well as their Glacier PSB. I finish it all of with some PAA Star Jelly.

Really, the only change from shave to shave is the brush... But everyday is a wonderful shave, so I can't complain. 👍

Attachments

• PXL_20240523_190323038~2.jpg
    PXL_20240523_190323038~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Top Bottom