What's new

Karve Goatlander Brotherhood (KGB)

I just got my brass Overlander with G-Tech handle in time for my daily shave! When I ordered this setup I was looking for a modern Tech and a mild, but efficient daily option to rotate in with more aggressive razors. I'm really trying to prioritize comfort, which means reducing redness and treating my face better in general. But I don't want to skip days because the stubble also irritates me. I wear lightweight golf shirts almost every day, and my beard catches and picks at the collars if I don't shave. I use the Vector every 2-4 days and have been rotating between a few DE razors for the days between. After just one shave with the Overlander, it looks promising. The results with the Sharpedge were fantastic—two passes for a very comfortable DFS. Zero redness or irritation. I want to experiment with more blades and get to know it better, but I think the Overlander will replace my R89, Era, and Henson mild. I'm not surprised, because this is what I expected (and hoped for) after reading the posts here. The build quality, machining, and finishing are top-notch, flawless as far as I can see.
IMG_8905.JPEG

IMG_8898.JPEG

I got around to trying a Kai in the Overlander to very nice results. I hoped it would provide the smooth shave I’ve already become accustomed to (except with the GSB. For some reason that didn’t go as well) while bumping up the efficiency a bit. That is exactly what I got. With the Kai I’m able to get a 1 pass CCS. To this point everything else has required 2 passes and amounted to a DFS. This is really nice for the days I want to take it easier on my face.
IMG_8965.jpeg

Top Bottom