What's new

Kai Captain Titan Mild blades without the PINK logo?

I looked at the Kai website a while back.... At the moment, on said website, they only list two blades: the Protouch guarded blades and the "Pink" unguarded blades.

It's funny... I just did a repeat test I did two years ago now, when I got my first razor that happened to be an AC razor. I used all the AC blades in my La Faulx SS, other than the Feather ProSuper I forgot to bring along on the 3 week trip to Bali.... I've been using the Kai Protouch pretty much exclusively for the past 2 years, but I wanted to see if I'd learned anything or if my preferences had changed... At the end of the 3 weeks, I ended up ordering a couple of the boxes of ten packages of the "Pink" unguarded blades, as I liked them a bit more than the Protouch....

I noticed, I didn't like the Feathers as much as I remembered, the exact opposite of @bebo8 . I have quite a few Feather ProGuard packages... but I only had two of the Kai Pinks... I still have quite a few Kai Protouch guarded blade packages and like them a lot as well. I didn't seem to like the Feather Professionals.. I got a couple of cuts on my upper lip: one each on two shaves.. none on the third, but no cuts or weepers with either of the Kai blades. It could have just been coincidence... but it was odd. I had never cut myself with either the bronze La Faulx Classic or the SS La Faulx Classic in several dozen shaves.
The Pros are definitely more blade assertive. Especially when they are new. It could be that they are ground to a very thin edge (ala their DEs). The Pinks would have the coatings to smooth out their edge.

I looked at the Kai website a while back.... At the moment, on said website, they only list two blades: the Protouch guarded blades and the "Pink" unguarded blades.

It's funny... I just did a repeat test I did two years ago now, when I got my first razor that happened to be an AC razor. I used all the AC blades in my La Faulx SS, other than the Feather ProSuper I forgot to bring along on the 3 week trip to Bali.... I've been using the Kai Protouch pretty much exclusively for the past 2 years, but I wanted to see if I'd learned anything or if my preferences had changed... At the end of the 3 weeks, I ended up ordering a couple of the boxes of ten packages of the "Pink" unguarded blades, as I liked them a bit more than the Protouch....

I noticed, I didn't like the Feathers as much as I remembered, the exact opposite of @bebo8 . I have quite a few Feather ProGuard packages... but I only had two of the Kai Pinks... I still have quite a few Kai Protouch guarded blade packages and like them a lot as well. I didn't seem to like the Feather Professionals.. I got a couple of cuts on my upper lip: one each on two shaves.. none on the third, but no cuts or weepers with either of the Kai blades. It could have just been coincidence... but it was odd. I had never cut myself with either the bronze La Faulx Classic or the SS La Faulx Classic in several dozen shaves.
i am going to have to run a similar test. i've been using the kai milds for about 3 month now so i have a good reference. i'll switch back to the feather (which i used for a few years) and i'll report back

Glad I found this thread. I was thinking of/going to order 200 of the Captain Titan Mild Pinks on Ebay, but not sure if the ones that only say Mild are the same blade. I sent the seller a question, but I don't know if he/she understood what I was asking. I just sent a follow up message asking if they could ask Kai directly.

In the pictures of the ones that don't say "Pink", they're not pointing out the pink blade. Maybe that is because it's not new tech anymore. I don't know. I just don't want to order 200 of these and find out they're not the same blades. It's much cheaper to buy that quantity rather than 20 packs each time.

Top Bottom