What's new

Kai Captain Titan Mild blades without the PINK logo?

I purchased a pack of these from Amazon and the package I received looks like all the photos I have seen except there in no PINK logo in the upper right corner of the package. Are these the same blades or perhaps a different version without the PINK treatment/coating?

IMG_7373.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
This is a recent occurrence and not the first time I’ve seen it. The PINK is a clunky acronym; Plasma Ion New process by Kai; and maybe it’s no longer a new process or it just wasn’t superior to standard heat treatments?

Just sent an email through the company’s online form and will share answer if received.

Same for me. Ordered 200 peaces as Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink and it comes without Pink logo? Is it different blade or same only without Pink logo?
IMG_7332.jpeg

Reactions: Kix
I have not seen the Titan Mild without the PINK. Maybe they are old stock? Here is Kai's website with links to all current offerings.

I have Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink from razorbladesclub.com
They are in Europe so Kai Europe GmbH label looks logical. But whole Pink is only sticker. Under sticker same box as came today from Japan. Nothing Pink..
First box directly from Japan no Pink logo, second Eu distribution with Pink
IMG_7334.jpeg

IMG_7335.jpeg

IMG_7336.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have both it seems... a package with Pink printed on it.. and one without... both "mild". I'm guessing they are the same blade. If I have it right, Kai makes the guarded mild blades: the Protouch.. and the Kai mild Titans... unguarded.

Now... I'll take a look at the above link to their website to see if I'm close... Hang on... i couldn't get a good look at all the blades from the above link. This one seems to confirm my idea about the two Kai AC blade choices:

It doesn't answer the question about PINK vs not marked PINK, but here is a picture of my Kai AC blades. The boxes for the Captain Titan Mild (AKA Pink) and Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (guarded blade) were printed with the PINK logo although the actual cartridges do not have the PINK logo.

Links to each of the 4 blades on Kai website -

Protouch MG PINK Blue Red

20240220_152923.jpg

It doesn't answer the question about PINK vs not marked PINK, but here is a picture of my Kai AC blades. The boxes for the Captain Titan Mild (AKA Pink) and Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (guarded blade) were printed with the PINK logo although the actual cartridges do not have the PINK logo.

Links are corrects, but there is no blade called "Kai Captain Titan Mild" without Pink on pictures. Probably it is older version, or Pink is just added for marketing reason or only for some markets. Funny is European sticker which add Pink to non Pink version, non Pink have same Titanium coating and PTFE coating but nothing written about blade (in contrary with Pink version where is Pink blade also in description and on the picture)

I have Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink from razorbladesclub.com
They are in Europe so Kai Europe GmbH label looks logical. But whole Pink is only sticker. Under sticker same box as came today from Japan. Nothing Pink..
First box directly from Japan no Pink logo, second Eu distribution with Pink
View attachment 1799397
View attachment 1799398
View attachment 1799399
The PINK sticker is very reassuring. It suggests or very strongly implies the blades are the same. Maybe they are just streamlining their branding, but the EU likes differentiation. To me it is pretty cool to have the PINK process pointed out.

The stock number and scan number are the same, but the new sans-PINK packaging has FSC labeling (renewable paper fiber standard).

View attachment 1799462
The Red and Blue are not titanium coated. Do you notice a difference in shave or longevity with the Blue vs the Titan Mild?

This is a recent occurrence and not the first time I’ve seen it. The PINK is a clunky acronym; Plasma Ion New process by Kai; and maybe it’s no longer a new process or it just wasn’t superior to standard heat treatments?

Just sent an email through the company’s online form and will share answer if received.
Interesting to know. Thank you for sharing. I’ve used this for a few years before switching to feather pros. After switching back to Kai’s after another few years with feathers, I was not impressed! I was surprised because I used to love them. Not sure if I just got so accustomed to feathers or if they changed. I believe it’s probably the former.
They are just not as smooth as I would like them.. but no means they are harsh but not feather smooth

This will help or add to the confusion.
View attachment 1813444
How does it help? I received blades with Pink on EU German sticker but under Sticker no Pink on Japan box. And on blades plastic box no Pink just light blue Titan (Kai Captain Titan Mild)

Question remain, is it Pink, or not or both version is same blade with different names for different markets.. ?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I looked at the Kai website a while back.... At the moment, on said website, they only list two blades: the Protouch guarded blades and the "Pink" unguarded blades.

It's funny... I just did a repeat test I did two years ago now, when I got my first razor that happened to be an AC razor. I used all the AC blades in my La Faulx SS, other than the Feather ProSuper I forgot to bring along on the 3 week trip to Bali.... I've been using the Kai Protouch pretty much exclusively for the past 2 years, but I wanted to see if I'd learned anything or if my preferences had changed... At the end of the 3 weeks, I ended up ordering a couple of the boxes of ten packages of the "Pink" unguarded blades, as I liked them a bit more than the Protouch....

I noticed, I didn't like the Feathers as much as I remembered, the exact opposite of @bebo8 . I have quite a few Feather ProGuard packages... but I only had two of the Kai Pinks... I still have quite a few Kai Protouch guarded blade packages and like them a lot as well. I didn't seem to like the Feather Professionals.. I got a couple of cuts on my upper lip: one each on two shaves.. none on the third, but no cuts or weepers with either of the Kai blades. It could have just been coincidence... but it was odd. I had never cut myself with either the bronze La Faulx Classic or the SS La Faulx Classic in several dozen shaves.

Top Bottom