What's new

Juuma Cobalt Blue - How to hone Yasuki/Hitachi Steel

Ah yes I can relate, and it's annoying especially for the nose which is not as sharp as the middle (I don't use the heel that much). So it does not come from the geometry and it can be solved by torquing the razor. Is that correct?
It is hard to say. If you have a warp in the blade you need to figure out how to get good contact at every part of the blade, including the toe. I guess torque might help. You just need to spend some time on the stones, and things will fall into place if the razor has good steel and the geometry is OK. Feedback gets harder to read the lower you get in grit. 1k to 2k is a nice place to get most of the work done.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Your edge likely smiles a little. You need to master a rolling x-stroke to hit the heel and toe.

I have not tried the rolling x stroke on the Manaslu yet, I trained on a less precious razor and was able to get the hair test after the 1K. I wasn't able to do a shaving test because it has micro chips due to a damaged steel (either bubbles when crafted or due to old rust) so I'll need to remove a good quantity of steel before I can restart. Will keep you posted guys, thank you again for your precious help.

Top Bottom