What's new

Journey of the Smokedstanley

Well, now that Vintage and Adjustable April are officially over I tried out a new to me Rockwell T2 in Gunmetal that i Received at the beginning of April, along with an Astra sp, VDH soap and a T&D Badger. First impressions are wholly cow, that is one wide head. Otherwise it feels nicely made and gave a great shave on setting 3 out of 6. Will try other settings, but why not start in the middle.
1714587832610.png

Also trying out a new layout for the den with some temporary shelving. If I like it I will make them a little nicer. Also currently thinking about painting the inside white to brighten it up and help make it easier to see everything. Paint the inside or leave as is, what do you think.
1714588137170.png

Last edited:
Switched to a Rockwell 6S from the T2 along with an Astra sp, VDH Soap, T&D Badger. The shave felt very similar to the T2, but I like the more normal width of the 6S and enjoyed the heft. First shave in the middle with the R3 plate, wonderful shave with no weepers or worry of even getting one. Definitely enjoyed the 6S more than the T2 so far.
1714946349228.png

While I was back on track to use each razor for about a week before switching, the Ranger Tech I sent out last month to BRG came back today and it decided to cut in. First time using this razor and it gave a smooth comfortable shave. Glad to have this razor back in useable condition and not sitting in a box in the basement. Supporting characters were an Astra sp, Fuller Badger and Old Spice soap.
1715038659512.png

Been bouncing around on which razor gets used lately. For today it was a lovely New Long Comb with Astra sp, VDH boar & soap. The razor/blade combo gave a smooth effortless shave with no weepers and excellent efficiency on a couple days growth. I have noticed I am back to grabbing the VDH soap pretty frequently. This soap just performs so good for me. Always builds a quick lather no matter the brush type and does not need any prep, like pre-wetting to get it to bloom. Just a great soap at a very reasonable price and when I say quick, I am generally fully loaded before I finish counting to 10. Hope everyone has a great day and a great shave.

1715774664112.png

Top Bottom