What's new

Jayhawks are 10-0!!!

Good morning gentlemen. Again last night, in an almost surreal state, I watched my Kansas Jayhawks defeat the Okie state Cowboys to go 10-0. TEN and ZERO. If you have ever supported a perennial football doormat, you will appreciate that statistic. There is a good chance that our football team will be ranked higher than our FOURTH ranked, legendary basketball team. This team is for real. Maybe not a Oklahoma or one of the powerhouse SEC teams but dangerous nonetheless. The OSU Cowboys have one of the highest powered offenses in the NCAA and we held them to 28. Not many teams have done that this year. They have the Big 12 league leading rusher and I am pretty sure we held him to under 75 yards. Todd Reesing just does not make mistakes at QB. I know, I know. Many knock our schedule but we won at Tx. A&M. One of the HARDEST places in college football to play. OSU is no picnic either. We also won at Colorado and Kstate. None are easy places to play. We have been putting up nearly 40 pts per game average. This is one enjoyable ride and no matter how things go this season, Mark Mangino and the Jayhawks are WINNERS. Dare I say NCAA coach of the year for Mangino? I think it is a real possibility. Especially if we go 12-0 in the regular season. Right now everyone is in love with the Missouri Tiggers. Fine with me. They have a SUPER offense and have been playing well. Only one loss and that was at Oklahoma. Still, we have one thing on our side. The best "12th man" anyone could ever hope for. Missouri coach Pinkel. This guy has, for the most part, been owned by our Jayhawks football squad. He just finds a way to let his team lose to Kansas. I just hope we can get him to choke up the coaching job again this year. Rock Chalk!

Regards, Todd

That was a great game. My girlfriend and a lot of my new friends live in Lawrence. I was there to see them beat K. State, second year in a row.

Congrats, Todd. KU is having the season that it looked as though UK might have early on. Enjoy the ride, and have fun thinking about those potential bowl destinations!

Hey Todd, KU vs MU may be the best game that's played in Arrowhead this year. Basketball team is awesome also, they're going to be fun to watch.

Whooo boy, the KU/Mizzou game will be a blast. Two sides that hate each other + 16,000 college students + beer concessions = a riot or fifty. At least one benefit to being a student is that I only had to stand in line outside the Fieldhouse to get my ticket, which was included with my student sports package.

Quote of the year: "My father fought in the war so you could say dumb things like that" - Lou Holtz to Mark May after May refused to give KU the respect it deserves.

I really hate to hijack this thread (as I'm really happy for Kansas too)... but my Hoosiers just beat the evil choo-choo train on a thrilling 49-yard field goal with 30 seconds left. This was only the 2nd win against purdue in 11 years and will take us to our first bowl since 1993.

As if that's not emotional enough for a lifelong fan of a losing team, we played this season without our head coach, who died of brain cancer this spring.

proxy.php

proxy.php

To the spirit of competition, and the memory of Hep.

No problem Pat. The Hawks destroyed Iowa State yesterday 45-7. They are 11-0 and ranked #2. A rather deadly place to be this year. I just hope they have their eyes on the prize at Arrowhead this coming week.

BTW, did you watch my hapless Chefs today against the Colts? We play lights out defense against the best quarterback we've all seen in a long time, minus four or five of their key players and all we muster is Herm's obligatory 10 points, again. What an absolute joke. I still hear people calling K.C. sports radio and calling Herm a "great coach". Great at what? A lifetime record under .500, backed into the playoffs TWICE when three different teams had to lose on the last day of the season to even make it happen, ZERO offense(a real hallmark of his), and a losing record at Arrowhead. Does anyone besides me wonder how in the name of Pete he keeps his job? He's a crony of King Carl Peterson the GM. Just like Marty, just like all of them. One thing I will give Vermeil is that EVERYONE feared his offenses. If Peterson had only given Gunther Cunningham(the DC) even a smidgen of this defense when old Dick was here, I daresay we might have had a superbowl or two. I just want this train wreck to hurry up and land in the Missouri river so we can clean Carl, Herm, and the rest of this vision-less bunch out of the Chefs head office and start a real rebuilding program. If anyone thinks this is too harsh, just check out the Jets wiki page and see why they wanted to get rid of Herm. Just a total joke on the offense. He didn't get the name quarterback killer for nothing. When you are running for your life on third and forever every other series of downs, it makes it a bit hard to actually run an offense. And just to add to my utter amazement at his ineptitude as a head coach, I did not know about the other season where three teams lost on the last day to let Herm back into the playoffs. I found it on the Jets wiki page a number of months ago. Yet I constantly hear people yakking about 4 trips to the playoffs in six(soon to be seven) seasons. I just didn't think one incompetent head coach could get lucky lightning to strike twice but it happened for this s***head. This team is a disaster on offense and even as late as LAST week, he was telling people at his weekly press conference that his changing the offense was a "figment of peoples imagination". I just wonder how long we will have to endure this crap?

Regards, Todd

Hey Todd I'd like to add something to your Herm rant, however you covered it pretty well. They (Herm and King Carl) have got to go. I'm sick to death with this "rebuilding" rhetoric. We could have rebuilt Rome half a dozen times as long as Carl has been spewing that BS. I don't think Clark Hunt will put up with that garbage very long. He's pretty much the bottom line type of guy and will want to see results. $$$ from play off revenue etal.

As far as the Jayhawks are concerned. ROCK CHALK. What a historic season regardless of the Arrowhead results. I'm so pi***d at the Sooners for screwing up the perfect scenario for the BIG12 to have a team in the BCS Championship Game. (see below)

The Big 12 champion will likely play for the national championship.

It's a no-brainer if Kansas beats Iowa State and Missouri and beats the likely South representative, Oklahoma, in the Big 12 title game. As the only unbeaten BCS conference team, and likely to move from three to two if it can get a win over the Cyclones, KU controls its destiny.

The same goes for Oklahoma. The Sooners are the second most talented team in the mix right now, just behind LSU, and the pollsters know it. If they can beat Texas Tech and Oklahoma State and then get a win over the Missouri/Kansas winner in the Big 12 title team, they're in the national championship.

The big, screaming winner on Thursday night was Missouri. At No. 5 in last week's BCS rankings, it's considered the third team in the Big 12 mix. Now, with a win over Kansas State this week and a win over Kansas, the Big 12 title game would be set up for a shot at the national title. Assuming the Sooners win their final two regular season games, to win the Big 12 title, Mizzou will likely have to beat the No. 2 team in the nation in back-to-back weeks (with the assumption that KU will be ranked second, and then OU would move up if Missouri beats the Jayhawks in Kansas City).

The Hawks can still make it, just need to care of business at hand.

Top Bottom