What's new

Jay21's Journey Journal

Where do you fine gents get your ARKO! pucks?
ARKO! is a wonderful soap indeed! I get/got mine from the local Turkish supermarket. Steep price increase since 2024. They used to be €.95 but today €1.29 - at that price and lathering qualities it is a total no brainer.

Combining Tabac and Arko into Tabarko may have resulted in my forever soap (I will admit that I have used a Tallowbac version). Well in 4 years time that is when I get through my other soaps too.

This morning, the RR GC 68P was calling to me. The Arko cooperated and I had a brilliant shave. Just a hint of a sting, which might from the closer shave or switching to Skin Bracer from Old Spice. @lasta fired a friendly shot over my bow, but I will be shaving again tomorrow.

IMG_0223.jpeg

Welp, the roof leak was even worse today. Had to put out additional cups and had to move some furniture. Got the usual “we can’t do anything while it’s raining” crap again from the maintenance guy. Well, how about a bucket in the attic under the hole? I’d do it myself if it wasn’t locked. What a fun day.

IMG_0224.jpeg

IMG_0213.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Welp, the roof leak was even worse today. Had to put out additional cups and had to move some furniture. Got the usual “we can’t do anything while it’s raining” crap again from the maintenance guy. Well, how about a bucket in the attic under the hole? I’d do it myself if it wasn’t locked. What a fun day.

View attachment 1809632
View attachment 1809633
I'm sorry you're going through this, my friend. I hope it all gets resolved ASAP.

And now my RR 400 brush is developing the same black spots my Maggard synthetic did. It’s not mildew, I don’t think. It doesn’t clean off. I rinse and towel dry my brushes after every use. They start on the outer edge of the knot before working inward, so that tells me mildew isn’t the cause.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? It’s starting to tick me off.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

View attachment 1809632
View attachment 1809633
Boo Hiss in the extreme, Jay...

Top Bottom