What's new

Is Mennen skin bracer discontinued?

The French? version seems to be still alive and kicking

Three types of SkinBracer in g-g-glass bottles!

Do Want I Need It GIF

I’m currently working through a bottle of Musk and it has been a good while since I had the original green. The blue I saw for the first time yesterday, is there a similar one in the US?

In Canada we currently only have(had?) the green, but the ingredient list is completely different than the French version…I wonder how they differ?

French ingredients:
AQUA / WATER ● ALCOHOL DENAT. ● PROPYLENE GLYCOL ● PARFUM / FRAGRANCE ● PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ● BISABOLOL ● MENTHOL ● PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ● ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE ● DIETHYLAMINO HYDROXYBENZOYL HEXYL BENZOATE ● BHT ● ALLANTOIN ● CITRONELLOL ● LINALOOL ● LIMONENE ● COUMARIN ● FARNESOL ● GERANIOL ● BENZYL BENZOATE ● BENZYL ALCOHOL ● CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 ● CITRAL ● CI 42090 / BLUE 1 ● CI 15510 / ORANGE 4

American ingredients (CANADIAN LABEL):
AQUA, ALCOHOL DENAT., PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PARFUM, MENTHOL, BENZOIC ACID, YELLOW 5, BLUE 1

The French Mennen site currently has three balms and three splashes:
Soin de la peau - MENNEN - https://www.mennenfrance.fr/la-gamme/soin-de-la-peau

In Canada we currently only have(had?) the green, but the ingredient list is completely different than the French version…I wonder how they differ?

French ingredients:
AQUA / WATER ● ALCOHOL DENAT. ● PROPYLENE GLYCOL ● PARFUM / FRAGRANCE ● PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ● BISABOLOL ● MENTHOL ● PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ● ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE ● DIETHYLAMINO HYDROXYBENZOYL HEXYL BENZOATE ● BHT ● ALLANTOIN ● CITRONELLOL ● LINALOOL ● LIMONENE ● COUMARIN ● FARNESOL ● GERANIOL ● BENZYL BENZOATE ● BENZYL ALCOHOL ● CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 ● CITRAL ● CI 42090 / BLUE 1 ● CI 15510 / ORANGE 4

AQUA, ALCOHOL DENAT., PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PARFUM, MENTHOL, BENZOIC ACID, YELLOW 5, BLUE 1

Lots of skin goodies in the French that in the US version are missing...

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member

French ingredients:

I have both. They are similar but I always have a preference for a glass bottle. The scent is more concentrated. I had the bottle for a few years now (both versions) so I cannot say if you would get the same thing at the store today.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Has anyone tried Shave Chaser from PAA? If Skin Bracer goes away, it is an option, albeit an expensive one at $20+ per bottle (as I recall). Then again, Skin Bracer will likely show up on the ‘Bay at prison-rape pricing if it is discontinued…

I have USA version of Skin Bracer and read that French version is not that good like USA ones though in glass bottles.
Same story for Aqua Velva (I also have USA version)

Would it be possible to somehow make the solution more concentrated by pouring it out and letting it evaporate over time or maybe heating it up? I’ve heard that the reason some old perfumes are so strong is because the volitile ingredients disappear over time so maybe that could be done to the new formulation to strengthen its scent. Would be worth a try if you like Skin Bracer.

Top Bottom