What's new

Inexpensive Fixed Angle DE?

A slightly left-field choice would be the Razorock 'German 37' slant. The razor head encourages using a particular angle, and provides close and smooth shaves with a wide variety of blades. There's a choice of around four different handles.

View attachment 1795432
My only issues with a slant is in a steamy bathroom with my glasses off, I have to guesstimate things a bit. As you need to draw in the direction of the handle (not the head) I sometimes worry. If the head and handle are perpendicular, things are easier to grok.

My only issues with a slant is in a steamy bathroom with my glasses off, I have to guesstimate things a bit. As you need to draw in the direction of the handle (not the head) I sometimes worry. If the head and handle are perpendicular, things are easier to grok.

It's not so bad, really. For things like edging sideburns, it's easy enough to go across the grain and in this way obtain a straight line. I go partly by touch for setting the level of the sideburns. It seems the slant works best when you don't go directly with the grain or against the grain.

Top Bottom