What's new

Indulgence of the Night - May 09

This weekend I made 2 gallons of homemade chicken stock. It was time to clear out the freezer from all the bones I have collected from buying whole chickens and breaking them down. I froze most of it, but saved a quart for tonite's dinner.

Several margaritas (no chicken stock in those)

Pozole
Warm flour tortillas
Lots of hot sauce

You're freezer must freak out any house guests.

I'm imposing a new rule here in the Speakeasy, Scotto is not allowed to talk about any of his meals without posting the recipe. :biggrin:

I'll vote for that.

Speaking of Mexican, we had a killer fiesta on Saturday with family. I did the grilling, which consisted of my regular variety of onions and peppers with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. My wife made some of the best authentic pinto beans I've ever had, and I'll have to post the recipe. Homemade salsa and guacamole, warmed tortillas, rice, fresh lime and lemon, etc...

Cinco de Mayo!

Many Margaritas were had (1:1:2:3 ratio of syrup/lime juice/Cointreau/reposado)

Perhaps one of the most requested meals in Chateau Scotto:

Black bean and corn quesadillas, hot off the griddle
Chipotle salsa
sour cream
guacamole

Cinco de Mayo!

Many Margaritas were had (1:1:2:3 ratio of syrup/lime juice/Cointreau/reposado)

Perhaps one of the most requested meals in Chateau Scotto:

Black bean and corn quesadillas, hot off the griddle
Chipotle salsa
sour cream
guacamole

Scotto, apparently you missed the new rule. You must post a recipe. :biggrin:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Grilled quesadillas rock.

Today was some more Early's sausage and eggs, cholesterol be damned! Flanken and potatoes for la bambina. She'll eat anything that has a bone.

ouch

I won't commit to every recipe, but I posted this one. I gave John this recipe a while back, and his family liked it also, as he mentioned. Enjoy!

I just read that link for the first time, and it looks killer. Whoa.

Usually I make grilled vegetable quesadillas (grilled portobellos, thick cut Vidalia onion, green and yellow squash, and grilled and peeled poblano peppers [prepared as you would make roasted red peppers, which are a good subsitute]; let veggies cool slightly, sprinkle with cheese of choice, cilantro and lime, then grill filled tortillas over med/low heat), but I'm definately trying this next time around. :tongue_sm

ouch

Canned black beans, rinsed of excess gumminess, are pretty good, but if you ever make them from scratch, try adding dark beer (Yuengling porter is a good cheap one) to the cooking liquid. Amazing.

Porterhouse steak a la Rudi.
Okay, I don't really know his name was Rudi, but we do have a 1/4 of a steer whose name might have been Rudi in the freezer.

When I was a kid, my uncle had a cowhide on his wall that he always claimed was Dale, but my mom remembered the markings to match her memory of Rudi. Yep, they grew up on a ranch. Anyway, I'm calling ours Rudi.

Tonight was a couple of steaks cooked in the egg. I started at 500f, but opening the lid caused it to vacillate from 400-450. They turned out nice, seasoned simply with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and an olive oil drizzle, but next time I load up with fresh charcoal and get that baby hot!

Roger

Scotto,

Those quesadillas sound great. Actually, I think that the beans and corn would make a great side dish for some grilled chicken or burgers or most anything else.

Thanks,
Bob

Smoked shoulder roast.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed some of Scotto's quesadillas and they were excellent! I used fresh corn, because it was available in the store and I used chili chipotle powder, because it was all I could find at the house. They were excellent!

I added some grilled chicken breasts that were stuffed with aged swiss cheese, homemade Canadian bacon, and pesto sauce and then coated with some BBQ rub. I slow cooked them with pecan and cherry wood.

Here was the prep on the breasts.

proxy.php

Here is the finished plate with the quesadillas and a nice salad. A Pacifico worked nicely to finish the dinner.

proxy.php

I fixed some of Scotto's quesadillas and they were excellent! I used fresh corn, because it was available in the store and I used chili chipotle powder, because it was all I could find at the house. They were excellent!

I added some grilled chicken breasts that were stuffed with aged swiss cheese, homemade Canadian bacon, and pesto sauce and then coated with some BBQ rub. I slow cooked them with pecan and cherry wood.

Here was the prep on the breasts.

proxy.php

Here is the finished plate with the quesadillas and a nice salad. A Pacifico worked nicely to finish the dinner.

proxy.php

Awesome!!

Bachelor for a night!
Threw some white oak and pear wood on the Weber and..
full

full

I even have a little smoke ring!

And no green stuff...:thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom