What's new

Indulgence of the Night - May 09

I sliced a full tenderloin up into fillets, rolled the edges in Pistachio nuts and cracked pepper, wrapped the edge with thick sliced bacon and grilled on the kettle at 700 degrees. My bride made a pasta salad. Iced brewed tea, we feasted in the garden.:001_smile

Our United Way dinner turned out very nice and I think that we had four happy guests that will be willing to bid it up next year.

The menu was posted previously, so you can look at it if you wish -- this just hits the high spots.

The first two pictures are prep for the main course. I had double cut, boneless pork chops stuffed with fig preserves, dried figs, dried pineapple, candied ginger and cashews and then wrapped in bacon. They were then marinated in a mix of Dijon Mustard, brown sugar and soy sauce.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I grilled the chops along with some asparagus and added leek risotto with white truffle oil and a habanaro, port wine reduction sauce.

proxy.php

Susan had the table fixed very nice and added personalized menus for the guests.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Susan added two killer deserts:

proxy.php

proxy.php

We finished out the evening with some cask strength (117 proof), Mcallans and I was happy I did not have to drive home!

I attended a charity event today and got to meet an honest-to-goodness member of the Lobel family. For those who don't know, for carnivores this is the equivalent of an audience with the Pope. With meat.

Last edited:
V

VR6ofpain

The first two pictures are prep for the main course. I had double cut, boneless pork chops stuffed with fig preserves, dried figs, dried pineapple, candied ginger and cashews and then wrapped in bacon. They were then marinated in a mix of Dijon Mustard, brown sugar and soy sauce.
We finished out the evening with some cask strength (117 proof), Mcallans and I was happy I did not have to drive home!
Damn, that was a feast fit for kings. Great work!

Top Bottom