What's new

Indulgence of the Night 11/27 - 12/3

Fresh out of the oven - Scotto's Oatmeal scones. Divine.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
M

modern man

Command X-mass party tonight.

Stuffed chicken very nice!
Cheese cake and coffee also very nice.

Poor Scotto has been fighting a cold. Time for some Jewish Penicillin:
IMG_3012_3_1.JPG

accompanied by home-baked multi=grain bread:
IMG_3011_2_1.JPG

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Goldene yoich: cures all what ails ya!

And I am very impressed with the looks of that bread.

ouch

Last night my daughter, who for some inexplicable reason has been branching out in terms of trying new foods, wanted Fettuccine Alfredo. I asked her if she wanted the real thing, or the gooey glop made from cream and cheap cheese they pass off in Italian restaurants (which technically should be called fettuccine alla panna).

Fortunately, I had some authentic doppia burro (apparently, regular butter doesn't contain enough fat for this dish) and a nice hunk of reggiano parmigiano. Fifteen minutes later, dad was superman.

I told her next time I would make her spaghetti alla carbonara. She asked what that was, and I said it was coal miner style. She, of course, said "Yuck. What's in it?" I told her it has bacon, and she immediately went into a Homer Simpson-like drool. Bacon................:001_tt1:

Nice! Gimme that pancetta. :drool:

For the adults, don't miss that classic bucatini allamatriciana with onions, crispy pancetta, hot pepper, and tomato, with some tangy pecorino romano. One of my favorites, and a breeze to make

ouch

Nice! Gimme that pancetta. :drool:

For the adults, don't miss that classic bucatini allamatriciana with onions, crispy pancetta, hot pepper, and tomato, with some tangy pecorino romano. One of my favorites, and a breeze to make

Yumm-O! (Please shoot me.)

One of my top ten favorite pasta dishes. My wife's all time favorite, and one that she will be extra nice to me in order to get, is perciatelli alla puttanesca. I don't have the heart to tell her what it means.:001_rolle

Scotto - love the Dakota Mahogany Granite countertops. We have the same countertops in our home and its the second house where we've had it.

Yumm-O! (Please shoot me.)

One of my top ten favorite pasta dishes. My wife's all time favorite, and one that she will be extra nice to me in order to get, is perciatelli alla puttanesca. I don't have the heart to tell her what it means.:001_rolle

Well....
I think its high time to post some recipes !
=========================

".................you Wh@r3 !"
Tom Hanks to Shelley Long in The Money Pit .

ouch

Well....
I think its high time to post some recipes !
=========================

".................you Wh@r3 !"
Tom Hanks to Shelley Long in The Money Pit .

Bring heavily salted water to boil and cook pasta al dente. Sauce should be done by the time pasta is ready.

Heat large pan and cook sliced garlic until fragrant. Add coarsely chopped anchovies, crushed red pepper, smashed olives, and capers. Add a can of drained and roughly chopped tomatoes and cook vigorously. When pasta is done, add fresh oregano, parsley, and basil to pan. Drain pasta and add to pan. Toss. Adjust seasoning (careful with the salt- anchovies and capers will have added a lot). Serve.
Optional- go to bottom of stairs and yell "Hey, puttana! My PEESH-ah-DEAL is ready for ya!", depending on level of skill and bravery.:001_tt2:

Bring heavily salted water to boil and cook pasta al dente. Sauce should be done by the time pasta is ready.

Heat large pan and cook sliced garlic until fragrant. Add coarsely chopped anchovies, crushed red pepper, smashed olives, and capers. Add a can of drained and roughly chopped tomatoes and cook vigorously. When pasta is done, add fresh oregano, parsley, and basil to pan. Drain pasta and add to pan. Toss. Adjust seasoning (careful with the salt- anchovies and capers will have added a lot). Serve.
Optional- go to bottom of stairs and yell "Hey, puttana! My PEESH-ah-DEAL is ready for ya!", depending on level of skill and bravery.:001_tt2:

AWESOME !!
2 new recipes and the week isnt 1/2 done.
(SoulShine sent me his Chipotle Black Bean Chili recipe earlier.....OH YEAH !)
=================================
What wine (style) do you like with the Puttanesca ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is my wifes favorite dish as well. Easy to throw together. If you guys haven't tried it you definitely have to give it a shot. Don't hold back on the anchovies either...it won't make the dish fishy...rather it will impart a nuttiness quality.

Top Bottom