What's new

I will now END the face-lather/bowl-lather argument ...Please see post #24

I have been a face latherer from the get-go. I won't go into the impeccable logic behind the superiority of face lathering, because there are devout bowl-latherers who have their own reasons. But here the debate ends. The best, most luxurious lather is made by.... <drum roll>

BOTH methods! That's right. Both. I just got a wild hair and decided to try bowl lathering, but I already had lather on my face... I made up a bowlful anyhow and applied it right over the other, and loved the results. So now, I face lather first and get a nice exfoliation and whisker lift, along with great lather. Then, I bowl lather for an extra gollop of lather to slather right over the face lather. I get a face-full that looks like a santa beard, and I have plenty of time to strop my razor. wa-lah! Who's yo daddy? YO BUBBA, I AM! Ooo-yah!

I've just recently started doing this and like it a lot better than doing just one or the other.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I like how this thread got revived in 2012, 2014, and again in 2016. We simply MUST do this again in 2018!

proxy.php

Is what you call a face/bowl?

Depending on how efficient a face latherer you are the bowl method may offer a small advantage. If you do a poor face lather you might have areas on your face with less homogeneous lather. Maybe some areas with runny, large bubble lather while other areas have luxurious, small bubble great lather. The bowl allows one to see clearly how uniform the lather is before applying it to the face. That said... I face lather!

Left unmentioned, unless I missed it, is 'hand lathering'. You can whip up an easily inspected great lather for your passes and still have a little left ready for selective buffing at the end.

Top Bottom