What's new

I will now END the face-lather/bowl-lather argument ...Please see post #24

I find I can’t get good lather in a bowl. I can’t find a bowl large enough to fit my badger. I’ve found using a live badger gives some excellent lather. First I soak him down in the shower and then feed him some soap while I rub shaving cream on his neck where the hair is softest. While applying to my face I get very good exfoliation from the teeth and claws along with tons of foam.

You guys need to step up to the professional way to make lather...

proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Okay, we have far exceeded the limits of good taste here.

There have been posts deleted, and some of those posts have been made by people who have reported inappropriate behavior by other people on this forum so I'm a little confused by the activity.

Keep it squeaky clean, or you will doom Slash's thread.

So when is this going to make it's way to the clown house?
It's gotta be close....

Looks like it was a close shave indeed .. Saved by a whisker? :)

I have always face-lathered, never understood why someone would want to waste all that time and brush movement whipping up lather in a bowl when they could be doing in on the face. Bonus - more time for the lather to soften the beard as you work it up on the face

I face and bowl lather and both have the same results just one is more of a hassle to clean up than the other (bowl lathering)

Yeah, it's really taxing to run water into a bowl for 5 seconds, swish it around, and then place the bowl upside down by the side of the sink.

I don't know how I manage to do it everyday.:001_rolle

I don't think i've seen that many deleted posts in a thread for a while; and yet I missed them all-got here after the deletions. :innocent:

BTW, I face and bowl lather-depending on the use of SC or SS.

marty

Back in my day we didn't have brushes. We used the hair on our face! That's right, slam your facial stubble right into the bowl and use it like a brush, once your foaming like a mad dog you can shave, both ways uphill btw, and in the snow!

I hold the brush completely still and spin my face around it.

That sounds like a pretty good idea, but you might enjoy just standing there and letting it [the universe, which includes the brush] revolve around you. It should be possible for most human beans to lather in this fashion (works for me! :biggrin:)

Sorry if my post offended anyone, it was ment to be humoristic, but it maybe come out wrong, didn
't mean to offend anyone.
Sorry!

Hello.
Face lathering skips the time that the foam of bowl lathering must sitting on the skin / beard to make it soft - so i´m a face latherer :w00t: ...

Greetings

Andreas

I think as someone else mentioned - if you're using a stick face lathering just makes sense.
My soap came in its' own bowl, so again, bowl lathering with it just makes sense.

What I need to come up with is a good way of lathering cream. Joshua seems to have answered that for me tho'

Top Bottom