What's new

I got my first flat cap. How did I do?

I've been wanting a flat cap for a few years, but never bit the bullet. Then @Crixus posted the two hats on the BST and rekindled the fire (I wanted a little more color, so I wasn't interested in his particular items. I'm still going to blame him for making me spend money though.) After a little looking I found one that struck my fancy rather strongly and ordered it about two hours after I saw crixus' post.

I've been wearing it for two days and can feel a subtle change. Instead of saying "Good Morning" it's become "aight Jimmy"! One fellow on my morning walk remarked that he liked my "new apple" and a lady remarked that she liked my "snazzy hat." I haven't seen any one wear a driver's cap (what we call a flat cap here) for several years. Most men wear a ball cap or beanie in winter with the occasional boonie and cowboy hat thrown in. What says the forum? Did I chose well?

The first photo makes it look a little lop sided, but that's just how I'm holding it.

thumbnail_IMG_1376.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1377.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1378.jpg

Nice hat, congratulations. Fine Irish brand. I own several, well more than a few flat caps. My preferred cooler weather headwear.

Have had a few compliments over the years. Probably because most men don't wear civilized hats anymore, and fewer still the flat cap.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have a Mucros cap...it's black wool with just a few red stripes weaved in with a quilted lining. I've had it for years. Wear it year round. Great hats!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I inherited two. I actually don't look shtoopid in them, which I thought was a certainty! I look forward to wearing them this winter.

And @borwish , in my opinion you done good in picking out the one you did. That type is one I plan to ask Santa for.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Me sainted Ma loved it when I wore one, but. :c2: They seem to be better suited to those both older and younger than me.

If you can pull it off, it's a great look and practical, especially if you waterproof it well with some 3M spray - keep the "fine, soft weather" off ya.

AA

Nice hat, congratulations. Fine Irish brand. I own several, well more than a few flat caps. My preferred cooler weather headwear.

Have had a few compliments over the years. Probably because most men don't wear civilized hats anymore, and fewer still the flat cap.
I agree. Very civilized hat.

Reactions: ctr

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I hope you get a cup of soup with that hat.
Kidding. Good looking flat cap.

Flat caps are great. It’s so handy to be able to fold it up and keep in a jacket pocket in case it gets cold or starts to rain. For me hats are a practical thing, to keep the rain and sun off without having to carry an umbrella.

Top Bottom