What's new

How many here have built a AR platform rifle ?

OK Honeycutt, where exactly in Alabama do you intend to take 600 yard shots at coyotes? Man call them doggies in closer before you shoot! They are not fur covered ninjas after all. They are just canines that are pretty easily fooled into approching a good call.

I have hunted all there is to hunt in our state and have never once needed a gun that could shoot over 200 yards. Heck most shots I have taken have been under 100 yards! I shot a ground hog once at 300 yards but it was necessary to stop him from denning up in an earthen dam for a lake. He just kept digging deeper and deeper, we would fill the den with concrete and the next day there would be a new one right next to the old one.

It took two all night stake outs to get that one shot just after sunup when he was making his way to his daytime hideout. It was one of the luckiest shots I have ever made. I spotted him as I was about to get up to leave he was in a full out sprint towards the woods. I turned and saw him pointed the gun and as soon as I saw a flash of him I pulled the trigger. One shot bowled him over in a heap and two long nights of sitting in the cold damp air had paid off.

I still don't know how the bullet and the ground hog met at that spot! I live 30 miles from the Augusta National of shooting. In Talladega Alabama there is Civilian Marksmanship Park. Just opened in April. 20 million dollars-500 acres. Pistol,sporting clays, trap,100 to 600 yards. Your rifle target is all electronic. When the bullet strikes the target, the sound is tri-angled by 3 speakers. Then shone on a monitor at your bench. You can shoot all day for 30.00. All the ranges are covered,picnic areas everywhere.Beautiful facility. Pull it up on the net. There are only 2 places in the states like it. That's where I'll shoot my 600 yard coyotes.
:001_smile
hen

I don't know how my reply ended up in your remarks in the statement above ? But anyway Civilian Marksmanship Park in Talladega,Ala. Check it out on the web. Cool place to shoot, rifle ranges from 100 to 600 yards. Come on down and lets burn some powder together.

I don't know how my reply ended up in your remarks in the statement above ? But anyway Civilian Marksmanship Park in Talladega,Ala. Check it out on the web. Cool place to shoot, rifle ranges from 100 to 600 yards. Come on down and lets burn some powder together.

Im all over it! Gonna check it out this weekend if all goes well!
Thanks for the tip!:thumbup:

Yes! 3 of the 4 I built; Top left is a Palmetto State Armory (PSA) upper that has a custom Cerakote cammo pattern, and an Aimpoint PRO, a 3 lbs Timney trigger. Lower left is a Remington VR15 with a Geissle SSA and a Vortex Viper 2.5-10X. Top right a Spikes lower and a Windham Weaponry dissipator upper with a Rock River National Match trigger and a Vortex Sptifire. Lower right a PSA lower and a BCM upper and a Rock River National Match trigger. Lower parts kits are from either PSA or Rock River.

Attachments

• $DSC_0102.jpg
    $DSC_0102.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 14
Yes! 3 of the 4 I built; Top left is a Palmetto State Armory (PSA) upper that has a custom Cerakote cammo pattern, and an Aimpoint PRO, a 3 lbs Timney trigger. Lower left is a Remington VR15 with a Geissle SSA and a Vortex Viper 2.5-10X. Top right a Spikes lower and a Windham Weaponry dissipator upper with a Rock River National Match trigger and a Vortex Sptifire. Lower right a PSA lower and a BCM upper and a Rock River National Match trigger. Lower parts kits are from either PSA or Rock River.
Man alive,that's a nice collection. I guess when the building bug bites it leaves an infection without any antibiotics
to cure it. Well I guess cash flow would temper the fevor .

Man alive,that's a nice collection. I guess when the building bug bites it leaves an infection without any antibiotics
to cure it. Well I guess cash flow would temper the fevor .

I got these over a three year span. The optics and the Cerakote finish are the most expensive; the rest of the items I got on sale (especially "Black Friday" sales). The custom Cerakote cammo job was expensive and a hassle - I would not do that again.

Top Bottom