What's new

Home Intrusion - your #1 choice in firearms ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
While I personally have not shot a shorty shotgun with a pistol grip, my understanding is that it gets real uncomfortable on the wrist pretty quickly. I would second the Mossberg Shockwave suggestion. Rhett Neurmayer of Demonstrated Concepts has some very informative videos on You Tube deploying the Shockwave with great effectiveness.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I grab the weapon closest to where I am at the time the feces strikes the oscillator!!
If it is on my person at that time it will probably be a .380.

10-4. I knew that, but I thought by putting the Tac 14 pistol grip on it first that would make it legal for the 14 inch barrel. Murky rules for sure on these SBS’s and SBR’s.

The TAC-14 is not a shotgun legally. The TAC-14 is a "firearm." Changing the grip or adding a T fore end "may" create a Short Barreled Shotgun according to the ATF. Cannot do it without the paperwork. Owning the parts unassembled can lead to arrest and charges. Someone sees you handling and/or firing the weapon is a jackpot.

The firearm should have been received with a letter in the box outlining the limitations.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I grab the weapon closest to where I am at the time the feces strikes the oscillator!!
If it is on my person at that time it will probably be a .380.

Nothing worse than oscillating feces! :) If they break into my home and I catch em', Ima bringin' the oscillating feces with me!

If it's a choice, my Mossberg Persuader with low-recoil 00 buck shot.

If the front door is kicked in while I'm watching TV (no choice) it will be the 442 on the table next to me.

OkieStubble

If it's a choice, my Mossberg Persuader with low-recoil 00 buck shot.

If the front door is kicked in while I'm watching TV (no choice) it will be the 442 on the table next to me.

Now that I’m getting rid of my Ruger LCP’s, I don’t have a pistol to put in the pocket of my bathrobe when I’m buck nekked in the shower!

TMI? :)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Jason:
In our house (and the Mrs. was also in the Army), our HD weapon is our 'good ole trusty' pump action, 8 round (+ one [1] in the chamber), 12 gauge 590 Mossberg w/ sling (similar to the Army issue M500 combat model), Shotgun (👂hear that...nothing like the sound of a shotgun shell being chambered). :thumbsup:

Mossberg 'is the name' when it come to shotguns. I've used the Army M500 combat shotgun for many, many years and I can tell you...it is an excellent and well-proven weapon. :wink:

attachment.php

For the latest model...read more here: http://www.mossberg.com/product/shot...t-9-shot/51660

proxy.php
"Our home is our domain and we shall defend it against all those who wish us harm". CBJ.

Last edited:
The reason the shotgun is considered the traditional home defense weapon is because in days past when people owned a long gun, it was most likely a shotgun.

They are the most versatile weapon made. The vast majority of gun owners would have looked at my small rifle collection as extravagant 50 years ago.

I don’t have a bathrobe but I do have a lcp, lol. My pistols are still the easiest access for me in an emergency. Plus I train more with them when it comes to defense. I have been hunting with my shotgun for a few decades, and it used to sit loaded empty chamber in the closet, but since my 14 year old son was born I lock it n the big safe downstairs.

OkieStubble

The reason the shotgun is considered the traditional home defense weapon is because in days past when people owned a long gun, it was most likely a shotgun.

They are the most versatile weapon made. The vast majority of gun owners would have looked at my small rifle collection as extravagant 50 years ago.

I don’t have a bathrobe but I do have a lcp, lol. My pistols are still the easiest access for me in an emergency. Plus I train more with them when it comes to defense. I have been hunting with my shotgun for a few decades, and it used to sit loaded empty chamber in the closet, but since my 14 year old son was born I lock it n the big safe downstairs.

Well, while I am getting rid of the wife’s LCP Max and have replaced it with her G42, you have convinced me Brian to give my LCP II another chance. I mean after all; it has served faithfully for over a decade. After some online research, I found other LCP II owners, who had the same magazine drops after every shot fired like mine. And while Ruger replaced the entire lower frame, my research is showing it’s only the magazine release spring that is capable of wearing out after 400-600 rounds or so. MCarbo, an aftermarket company makes a release button spring for the LCP II which is a bit thicker in diameter than the Ruger OEM and the also put a couple of slight bends in the spring I a couple of strategically placed locations which improves the strength of the spring from wear even more.

I will replace the OEM in my LCP II with the MCarbo aftermarket. It appears there are many positive reviews that it fixes the issue and restores reliability to confidently carry it again in a EDC capacity.

Most of my relatives had a shotgun beside the bed or over the door growing up in the 60's. A few had handguns but that was far less common. The only rifle the odd 22 but those were never loaded.

Love the Mossberg. Love the top mounted “ambi” safety.

I had a 8+1 590 and ultimately sold it for a 5 shot 500 as I found a fully loaded 590 too “nose” heavy relative to the 500.

If I was carrying it overseas or on duty, more upper body work probably solves the problem.

For home defense and a bit of training/practice, the 5+1 is a handier platform.

YMMV greatly as the mission drives the gear.

PS-the racking of the slide as a deterrent may be dubious. If i am racking the action loud enough for an intruder to hear, it is only because I am in fear of my life/life of others and I want to rack in a positive/firm/full/hard manner to I do not short stuck the gun and induce a malfunction.

I would humbly submit that many home invaders, particularly at night, are not going to be dissuaded by such a sound but rather only the flash/report of a fired shell. Otherwise they would not be there in the first place as if burglary was the only goal, the would attempt such in the broad daylight when most folks, who work outside the home, still go to work.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Most of my relatives had a shotgun beside the bed or over the door growing up in the 60's. A few had handguns but that was far less common. The only rifle the odd 22 but those were never loaded.
I had a split childhood, downtown Baltimore and then later semi-rural suburb. In the city almost everyone of my friends homes had a gun cabinet in the den, a few glass enclosed but most open and none locked and primarily rifles and shotguns with the occasional revolver. In the rural areas there was almost always a loaded shotgun by the back screen door.

Reactions: ctr
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom