What's new

Hey fellow Buckeyes! How about a Northern Ohio Get together?

I will see if I can make it. My folks live in Strongsville, and soon I will be in Akron on business. I will keep you guys updated, sounds like fun!

Was Don able to extend any discounts our way? Sure would be nice to know if my money will go a little further with a discount.

Hmmm... I'll actually be visiting Cleveland from California that weekend. Not sure if I'll get the chance to get to the meet though.

I'm not sure if I can do the 19th but I will do my best in shuffling some plans. If anyone is interested in a Dayton meet-up and/or road trip to the event in Cincinnati in October let me know.

Don mentioned that he will "definitely do something for the B&B members that day." He is supposed to get back to me this week with the something. Let's hope....

Hello to all who expressed interested in the Northern Ohio get together this Saturday 5/19 at 22 Public Square in Medina. Anyone who would like to join us including possible wet-shaving "converts" is welcome. Again, we can meet at the coffee shop upstairs sometime between 10:30 and 11:00. If I remember right, the coffee shop is called Muddy Waters. Pay parking is available out front; free parking is offered behind the shop. The one-way streets around the square can make it a little confusing.

After introductions, we can head down to Imperial Shaving. Don has graciously offered a 10% discount on all products for those who physically visit the shop that day. It's hard to beat that kind offer... especially on of the premium products
that Imperial sells (Thater & Simpson brushes, Merkur, Feather, iKon, Castle Forbes, T&H, Trumper, TOBS, Proraso, DE blades, customs straight razors, etc., etc.). If we have enough people, he may even do a give away of some kind. The Imperial Shaving web site is listed under StraightRazorDesigns (click this link), if you'd like to window/monitor shop beforehand.

Feel free to bring some products for PIF or trade. I'm bringing a few things (cream, pre-shave, AS's, blades, and more) that didn't "make the cut," but they are brand new, and someone hopefully will give them a new home.

Please PM me to let me know if you are coming. It would be nice if I can give a fairly firm number to Don, so he's ready for us. If you would like, I can provide my cell phone number too. Hope to see you that day.

bah, I'm a newb who will be in Medina from Toledo that day but very busy all day. That's unfortunate.

The get together in Medina came off pretty well. We only had a few guys show, but it's a way to start. We had a couple cups of coffee and some bagels, then headed downstairs. Don and his sons at Imperial Shave treated us well, and we had a great time exploring his wide ranging inventory. He said to keep an eye on the StraightRazorDesigns.com web site, because he's going to be adding more lines in the very near future. Can't wait to see what he comes up with. The shop is already an amazing place to visit and actually handle the merchandise before buying, which I did plenty of.

It was great to get to meet and talk with you guys who were there. It would be nice to arrange another one in 6 months or so. If you're interested in a get together, keep an eye on the forum here, and I'll post a thread. Or, if you get a "wild hair" to do something else in the area, PM or post up a thread.

Jode

I was born in Michigan. My brother inlaw lives in Ohio and sends my kids things like poop on Michigan shirts. All in good fun.

Top Bottom