What's new

North East Ohio Event - The Final info you have been waiting for!

Brought to you by B&B, SMF and SRP
North East Ohio Event

February 9, 2008

11:00am till????

Hill’n Dale Club – Medina, Ohio

Come to the first Northern Ohio Wet Shaving Get Together. This is being put together by Lynn (SRP) Don (Taz) and Bill (Bill S). Come and meet some of the people you chat with as well as others with the same passions. Great opportunities to learn, trade, sell and just have fun with members of the best Forums on the web as well as some of our favorite Vendors.
Some of the action:
· Learn to Hone or maybe some expert tips to make you better at it.
· Questions on Restoring Straights or DE’s. There will be experts available to help.
· Great place to get advice on Shaving, Stropping, Lather Building, or whatever you have questions on etc.
· Talk to some of our Vendors
· If you would like bring some goods to Sell or Trade feel free.
· See some Custom Straights up close and even try them out.
· Most importantly, get the opportunity to meet in person some of the great people you talk to all the time.
More Happenings’
· Can you say Door Prizes? Straights, Soaps, Creams and More! The list is growing; you will have to come to see for yourself.
· Lunch will be available for $10 and Dinner for $20, These will be catered by a great restaurant.
· Shooting Sports Available
· A little Birdie told me that there might be a Poker came or two in the evening if interested.
· Hanging out in the Lodge enjoying your choice of indulgence and having great conversation.
· It is BYOB if you would like to partake in something more than Soda and Water. Don’t forget those cigars. For a small fee I hear there might be some of those hard to get Cigars available, wink winkJ.
OK here are the details:
o Our venue for the get together is the Hill n’ Dale Club in Medina. For an overview of the club you can check out their website here . For those into shooting sports Hill n’ Dale offers Sporting Clays, 5 Stand, and Skeet and, if there is interest, we will arrange to go out and break some clays as part of our event. This could take place on Saturday or on Friday or Sunday for those who will be in town either of those days. If you want to shoot please pm Bill S so we can set up times to go out. Rates are $27 for Sporting and $5 for Skeet and 5 Stand. Ammunition and rental guns are available at the club. A map and directions to Hill n’ Dale is found here .
· Meals
o Payment must be made in advance through PayPal to [email protected] this is Bill S. from the Forums. We will be pre ordering the Meals so if you want to eat at the Club you will need to pay in advance. If not there are restaurants within driving Distance. Of course you will not have our great company J . In your payment please specify weather you want Lunch or Dinner or Both as well as your meal choices.
o Lunch will be a Choice of Burger or Turkey Sandwich.
o Dinner will be a Choice of Steak or Pheasant.
o Non Alcoholic Beverages and Side dishes will be served as well.
o Alcohol is BYOB.
· Transportation
o Drivers the address is
§ Hill 'n Dale is located at:
3605 Poe Rd.
Medina, OH 44256
(330) 725-2097
o Airports – Both about 30 minutes to event.
§ Cleveland Hopkins
§ Akron/Canton
· Lodging – These are right there, there are a great selection in driving distance in different price ranges or Brands for those of you loyal travelers.
o Hampton Inn
§ 3073 Eastpointe Dr. Medina, OH 44256 Phone 330.721.8955
o Holiday Inn Express
§ 2850 Medina Rd. Medina, OH 44256 Phone 330.273.4994
o Red Roof Inn
§ 5021 Eastpointe Dr. Medina, OH 44256 Phone 330.725.1395
o Super 8
§ 5161 Montville Dr. Medina, OH 44256 Phone 330.723.8118
We are truly looking forward to a great time with as many of you that can come. Depending on peoples travel and lodging we can definitely make plans to get together Friday night at an area restaurant or bar as well as Sunday morning for Brunch.
IF you plan on attending please PM Taz let us Know if you paid for food as well as what time you will be arriving and if you would be interested in something Friday Pm as well as Sunday Am.
Look forward to hearing from and seeing a bunch of you great Gentlemen and Ladies.

The only information that I see missing is a deadline for the RSVP.

I would like to give a final count for the food a couple of days before the event, but if you need to more last minute than that we can work it out. Shoot a pm to me or Taz if you are interested in coming so we can include you in a preliminary head count. Thanks. Hope to see you there.

I am a little far but would not coming over for a visit as long as I do not need to RSVP from now . it will be a hike for me so let me know what you guys think

Nick

You know you want to come Nick

You know it .

I have even gotten Maria "the wife" wanting to go . The only thing stopping me is cost and time of getting there . I am looking at buses trains and planes but...

The plane is 3 hours and double the price of the train. The train is 11 hours and double the price of Grey hound. Grey hound is 12 hours and the cheapest way to get out there . but that means my travel time will be 24 hours for the round trip . I am trying to weigh what would be my best bet to come and if it will be worth it for me .

After bus and hotel it will cost me $400 not including meals and entertainment . of course while at a place like this I will have to buy some thing or trade some thing . so that brings up my cost a little more :lol:

on the other hand I can just say this is my Birthday present since it is only 12 weeks after the event . ah What to do ? what to do ?

I guess I have some thinking but I am closer to coming then not coming .

Nick

Well I'd most likely come since I'm only 3 hours away in Fort Wayne, IN and I'd like to meet some of you guys... that and I don't have an excuse if Nick is willing to travel 12 hours one way to get there.

You know it .

I have even gotten Maria "the wife" wanting to go . The only thing stopping me is cost and time of getting there . I am looking at buses trains and planes but...

Nick

Somehow I have a feeling driving is not an option for you. That would be about an 8 hour trip for you going that route. I 80 is good road at least most of the way and quite scenic. Train would drop you off in Cleveland and you would need to arrange other means from there.

Somehow I have a feeling driving is not an option for you. That would be about an 8 hour trip for you going that route. I 80 is good road at least most of the way and quite scenic. Train would drop you off in Cleveland and you would need to arrange other means from there.

I can drive to the event but I rather not . I would probably waste more on gas then I would like to admit also I have been thinking of renting a car to do the drive .

I have been talking it over with Maria and I think I will end up coming alone as If we take the train plane or bus she will have to miss 3 days of work .

Still weighing out my options right now it is about 75% that I will be there

Nick

A little update we will be joined by some great guest Will from Classic shaving as well as Tim Zowada.
Some of the give aways
A TI Limited Edition SRP Razor #200
Mama Bear Package
Colene TQG Package
Just to name a Few:w00t:

A little update we will be joined by some great guest Will from Classic shaving as well as Tim Zowada.
Some of the give aways
A TI Limited Edition SRP Razor #200
Mama Bear Package
Colene TQG Package
Just to name a Few:w00t:

Muahahah muahahahah muahahahaha that TI #200 will be mine!!! :biggrin:

Jenesee and I are *CONFIRMED* that we'll be there! The lunch and dinner payment has been sent via PayPal! :thumbup1:

We will be driving overnight from PA so we should be there in time for the 10am start!

Which of the hotels mentioned do you locals prefer?

Bad news Gents

My wife can not take off from work for those days so she can not attend .

Good news My chances of coming just shot through the roof .I am 99.9% sure that I will be coming unless we have any unforeseen event .
Once I find out how many days I will be staying I will send out payment for my meals.

Nick

Top Bottom