What's new

North East Ohio Event - The Final info you have been waiting for!

Pics please!!

Art within the next couple of days I will be posting pictures of the event I need to upload them to my computer sort through them (over 400 shots) and see what will make the final cut . I will post them as soon as I can guys please be patient

Nick

NO, POST THEM NOW!!!!
:lol:
Art within the next couple of days I will be posting pictures of the event I need to upload them to my computer sort through them (over 400 shots) and see what will make the final cut . I will post them as soon as I can guys please be patient

Nick

Jenesee and I just got home from the event and we had a ton of fun! The event was worth the 5.5 hour drive and all the anticipation leading up to this weekend. I learned a bunch of stuff, got to meet Papasmurf & _JP_ along with finally being able to shake hands in person with Taz, Will (Classicshaving.com), Jim (Vintage Blades) and a couple other folks.

Most of the attendees were from SMF and SRP so our attempts to get a discussion going on DE's or Slants pretty much went straight to smoke. :wink:

Jenesee won an amazing looking tourtise Dovo straight and I won what I am told is a gob-smackingly beautiful hardwood TI straight display kit with a mirror inside the lid, spots for three straights, a mini strop, brush and shaving bowl! I'm trying to find a picture because it is not even up for sale yet as an item on classicshaving.com! :w00t::cool:

Thank you once again Taz and Bill S for your hard work in putting this event together!

Oh, and Papasmurf proved while trap shooting for the first time that New Yorkers are genetically programmed to shoot stuff even before they can crawl!! :biggrin:

Oh, and Papasmurf proved while trap shooting for the first time that New Yorkers are genetically programmed to shoot stuff even before they can crawl!! :biggrin:

You know it !

I will post a couple of pictures of the shooting as well .

But for now I will post one picture that may get your attention .
My lucky streak of winning shaving related prizes continues . at the get together I was the lucky winner of this

proxy.php

I actually won the black one but traded with Tim Zowada for the blond one .
Thanks to Classic shaving for offering such great prizes .

once I am ready with the pictures I will make a new thread so any one that has pictures from the event can add them to that thread so every thing can be in order .

Nick

That's not even the half of it. At the first station on the Sporting Clays course he smoked me! As a first timer he broke most of the clays tossed, while I (a life long hunter) discovered that my gun needed to be retrained. We all had a blast and must have been doing something right because we got Papasmurf hooked on shooting. His wife called towards the end of the shoot and he told her that he is buying a shotgun when he gets home. :lol:

Gotta love it! And I'm looking forward to the pictures of when we were out on the course.

I do hope that the others who left Saturday night didn't run into the weather that I had to deal with on I-71. Really, I should have left a couple of hours sooner. I ran smack into a blizzard at Mansfield that dropped visibility to a car length in front of me because of the reflection off of the headlights. Big, wet snow flakes that were coming down like crazy, a near white out. Nobody was doing over 20 mph for the next hour. Thank goodness for the rumble strips on the sides of the roadway, otherwise I would ditched a couple of times. It was about an hour of hell until I drove out of it. At one point I had my headlights off so that I could see farther down the road by using the lights from the pickup behind me. It was insane that I kept going, but I too afraid to stop for fear of getting rear ended and there wasn't an exit until I got out of the snow.

We got out this morning around 11am and had bad conditions until just after Akron. I'm glad to hear you got out safe and finally home!

Nick
You shot 400 frames?! Man, I must be lazy or something.:redface:

Jenesee and I just got home from the event and we had a ton of fun! The event was worth the 5.5 hour drive and all the anticipation leading up to this weekend. I learned a bunch of stuff, got to meet Papasmurf & _JP_ along with finally being able to shake hands in person with Taz, Will (Classicshaving.com), Jim (Vintage Blades) and a couple other folks.

Most of the attendees were from SMF and SRP so our attempts to get a discussion going on DE's or Slants pretty much went straight to smoke. :wink:

Jenesee won an amazing looking tourtise Dovo straight and I won what I am told is a gob-smackingly beautiful hardwood TI straight display kit with a mirror inside the lid, spots for three straights, a mini strop, brush and shaving bowl! I'm trying to find a picture because it is not even up for sale yet as an item on classicshaving.com! :w00t::cool:

Thank you once again Taz and Bill S for your hard work in putting this event together!

I think this is the box in question. Nice!
http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16108

Uugh... so sorry I couldn't make it! I came home to a bit of an emergency (it's all okay now). Looks like it was a great time! Am I the only one (from the pics in the other thread) for whom Taz looks nowhere near in real life compared to what he imagined? :tongue:

Uugh... so sorry I couldn't make it! I came home to a bit of an emergency (it's all okay now). Looks like it was a great time! Am I the only one (from the pics in the other thread) for whom Taz looks nowhere near in real life compared to what he imagined? :tongue:

Yes and you were missed Pat. I kept asking around to find out if you had appeared in the crowd.

I was hoping to see you there. And yes, my imagination played tricks on me well about Taz.

nope you are not for some reason I was expecting a short stocky guy :lol:

I was hoping to see you there. And yes, my imagination played tricks on me well about Taz.

:lol:

When pictures are revealed it seems no one ever looks like what I had imagined them to look like.

Top Bottom