BrushSemogue Pegasus Boar

Software
PrePAA Cube
LatherBarrister & Mann Seville (Sample) [5]
PostLustray Blue Spice

Rating
9 / 10

Notes
Henson and Perma-Sharp is a great combination.

I have to wholeheartedly agree that the Henson+ Perma-sharp is a great combo. I’d be interested in seeing what you think about the Henson and a Feather blade.

I have to wholeheartedly agree that the Henson+ Perma-sharp is a great combo. I’d be interested in seeing what you think about the Henson and a Feather blade.

Last time I used a Feather was over a decade ago. Can’t say I have any recollection of them, only that they didn’t win out, at the time, from my first few sample packs. I’ve got a tuck of Feathers somewhere in my drawer now, from some new samplers (I’m revisiting everything, this year), that I haven’t yet cracked open. I’ll tee it up once I finish out this pack of Perma-Sharps.

The AL13+ is a great razor for head shaves. I think the Karve Bison might be a touch better, if we’re talking about ideals. Though I’m admittedly still in the honeymoon period with my new Bison, it comes out more forgiving, even smoother and more “automatic” in operation and really well balanced in a way that seems pretty much to offset the negatives of aluminum construction, compared to the Henson. But Karve appears to be something of a gamble on whether you’ll get a razor made or shipped on any kind of clear timeline. If you don’t want to mess with all of that, an AL13+ will do the job consistently and well — and, I’m sure, easy enough to return or sell if it doesn’t work out for some reason.

The Henson does seems to be pickier on blade choice than some of my other razors. Something on the sharper end tends to work best, as far as I’ve seen.
Oh man why did you have to type this and why did I have to read it? Now you got me looking up that razor. lol

I’ve read in other posts here that it can take a long time to get a razor from Karve…was that the case for you? From your comment about being in the honeymoon phase with it I would assume that you just bought yours.

Last time I used a Feather was over a decade ago. Can’t say I have any recollection of them, only that they didn’t win out, at the time, from my first few sample packs. I’ve got a tuck of Feathers somewhere in my drawer now, from some new samplers (I’m revisiting everything, this year), that I haven’t yet cracked open. I’ll tee it up once I finish out this pack of Perma-Sharps.
I was really happy with how the Feather performed with my Henson+. Hopefully you’ll have the same experience.

Oh man why did you have to type this and why did I have to read it? Now you got me looking up that razor. lol

I’ve read in other posts here that it can take a long time to get a razor from Karve…was that the case for you? From your comment about being in the honeymoon phase with it I would assume that you just bought yours.

Mine showed up in the mail late last week. It took 15 days from order to delivery. However, I ordered at a time the razor was in stock and ready to ship, which isn’t always the case. Karve has status tags on the product page for each razor, denoting current availability, if your trigger finger is ever feeling itchy.

IMG_0576.jpeg

Today I decided to use the Henson+ paired with a fresh Feather blade.

The end result was a very nice BBS shave but as with the Bic Chrome Platinum the Feather blade does vary in quality from blade to blade. I remember the first time I used this combination it was an excellent and comfortable shave but today’s shave didn’t match up to that one. It was a good shave but not as comfortable as the previous.

I also believe that I might like the medium a tad bit better as well. I’m sure someday I would be able to determine which one I like better but I think if I had to choose right now I’d stick with the medium (if I could only use one) as it is pretty much just as smooth as the mild but the efficiency is just a bit better. Maybe it’s the slight more blade feel that I prefer? Not sure but I feel myself keeping on gravitating towards the medium.

Mine showed up in the mail late last week. It took 15 days from order to delivery. However, I ordered at a time the razor was in stock and ready to ship, which isn’t always the case. Karve has status tags on the product page for each razor, denoting current availability, if your trigger finger is ever feeling itchy.

I checked out some videos on YouTube and decided to go ahead and try out the Bison razor. I went with the glacier color….I didn’t want to get another all silver razor but didn’t like the two tone of the other color options. The earlier options where the base plate is the same color looked better.

Regardless….i ordered it and opted for the 1 day shipping so hopefully I’ll get it before I go on vacation in a couple weeks. Can’t wait to try it out.

Reactions: 1e4
I checked out some videos on YouTube and decided to go ahead and try out the Bison razor. I went with the glacier color….I didn’t want to get another all silver razor but didn’t like the two tone of the other color options. The earlier options where the base plate is the same color looked better.

Regardless….i ordered it and opted for the 1 day shipping so hopefully I’ll get it before I go on vacation in a couple weeks. Can’t wait to try it out.

I’ll look forward to your report!

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Bison
BladeGillette Perma-Sharp (2 / 5) [3]

Software
PrePAA Cube
LatherCatie’s Bubbles ’95 Liquid Labels (Sample) [6]
PostClubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Rating
8 / 10

Notes
Great shave with the Bison and Perma-Sharp. Catie’s performs well, though it doesn’t do much in the way of post-shave feel.

Friday, May 10, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Bison
BladeGillette Perma-Sharp (2 / 5) [7]

Software
Pre-
LatherVitos Extra Super Coco (Kilo) [16]
PostClubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Rating
9 / 10

Notes