What's new

Head Shaver's Check-In

Last night’s shave was with my Henson++ and a Nacet blade and it was honestly one of the best shaves I’ve ever had. Not even a single weeper and zero irritation whatsoever. Alum block provided just a tiny bit of feedback in the usual places, mainly just around the ears. Zero feedback with the aftershave as well.

I decided to shave again today so I paired a Wizamet blade with my Henson++. It was almost as nice of a shave. No weepers again but a tiny bit of irritation involved. Alum block and aftershave were pretty comparable as last night with just a touch more feedback for both.

Next shave will be on Sunday. It’ll be with the same Henson++ but not sure which blade I’m going to go with.

Still waiting on the Karve Bison I ordered to get shipped. Can’t wait to try it out.

A solid Saturday morning head shave.

IMG_7033.jpeg

Back for more. :a17:

Yaqi Tachi on top of a Razorock Barber Pole with a Dorco Prime, H&V : unscented applied by a Chisel & Hound topped by a G5C
Been a while since I used the Tachi, wanted to revisit it. Tachi is too aggressive for my scalp, a lot of red dots. Going to try it again with a different half-blade, but it feels not so nice like the Shield half-DE...
hsotd-11-may-2024.jpg

Razor: Leaf Shave (3blade hybrid)
Blades: Lord 1/2 blades from Egypt (razor takes three of these) (2nd shave)
Pre shave: PAA tube 2.0 mentholated.
Creme: PAA Oud Spice tub. Administered with a cheap synthetic brush.
Shave: two passes, lather applied twice. Clean-up strokes without additional lather.
Aftershave: PAA Oud Spice star jelly.
Result: this was only my second headshave with this razor and the second with these Lord 1/2 blades. Got a thousand of these 1/2 blades off Amazon and thought I'd be set for life. Not so much. This second shave was a struggle, quite honestly. Going to give these Lord 1/2 blades another go, but it's not looking like they are much in the longevity department. No burn, no bite, smooth shave. 8/10. First shave with these blades was a lot better, so sharpness and longevity are still in question. Also the handle of the Leaf razor is too slick. Ordered a silicone sleeve for the handle. Can't death grip this thing and expect to concentrate on shave angles. It's like trying to hang onto a bar of soap.

#14 in 2024 GRUYERE shave sebaticle - Still in

#26 GRUME May 2024 - Still in

Date: 05.13.24

Days growth: 6

Head and face shave

Razor: Gillette Fatboy

Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

Brush: Simpson T3

Pre-shave: Hot shower using Johnson and Johnson on face and head with facial scrubber. Tabac bloom water

Lather: Tabac bowl lathered

Passes: 2. WTG ATG

Post Shave Routine and products:

1 - Hot rinse with microfiber towel X2

2 - Cold rinse

3 - Alum block

4 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1

5 - Aftershave: Tabac edt

6 - Balm: Nivea sensitive skin

Notes: Today was a great shave. My previous shave was terribly uncomfortable due to foot problems; those problems were not an issue today thank god. The Tabac bowl lathered better today due to the T3 and its awesome properties. Last shave I used the Simpson 57 best and though I was able to work up a decent lather it was nowhere near today’s lather. The razor performed well on setting 7 then setting 5. The Fatboy never disappoints.

Quality: 9.5 DFS+

Comfort: 10

Enjoyment: 10

Overall: 9.8

My Karve Bison razor showed up a day early so I brought it in to work with me so I could check it out. I only have approximately 25 minutes from when I get up before I have to be out the door and on my way into work….so obviously I didn’t have enough time to shave.

I can’t wait until Friday night to try it out. The blade positioning and clamping are very similar to Henson. The handle feels great as well.

Top Bottom