What's new

Handwriting samples, pics! Let us see yours.

$writing sample.jpg
Many many practice pages were done in an attempt to master each letter before I took a crack at writing this out. Feels good to have a proper copperplate style.
~B

I'll be honest, I haven't even thought about cursive in over 5 years, and haven't written it in even longer. I would say that I actually handwrite <100 characters a week, and it's mostly scratching the name of the person calling me on the pad next to my keyboard (which is in the picture). So I gave it a go.....good lord my hand cramps up fast now! The paper is a grocery store legal pad that my wife didn't want because she didn't realize it was gridded. The pen is an old Rotring 600 with a Parker gel insert.

$X1oh3n1.jpg

I'll be honest, I haven't even thought about cursive in over 5 years, and haven't written it in even longer. I would say that I actually handwrite <100 characters a week, and it's mostly scratching the name of the person calling me on the pad next to my keyboard (which is in the picture). So I gave it a go.....good lord my hand cramps up fast now! The paper is a grocery store legal pad that my wife didn't want because she didn't realize it was gridded. The pen is an old Rotring 600 with a Parker gel insert.

View attachment 313836

Pretty good hand for someone who doesn't write regularly.

$handwritingsample.jpg
This is my first time on the Nib. Very interesting/fun thread. I used to do calligraphy years ago, but I can't even remember the last time I wrote anything. Oh, wait a minute, I wrote something just about ten minutes ago. You guys make me want to take up pen again. Here's my sample. Enjoy.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
View attachment 313908
This is my first time on the Nib. Very interesting/fun thread. I used to do calligraphy years ago, but I can't even remember the last time I wrote anything. Oh, wait a minute, I wrote something just about ten minutes ago. You guys make me want to take up pen again. Here's my sample. Enjoy.

You know, we have a calligraphy thread here? :001_smile

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The Calligraphy Thread

Heres a link for you Jim, Nice Handwriting btw, would love to see what you could do with an italic, or a dip pen, something with flex !
I can attest to the fact that italics can really snazz up your writing.

on edit: adding a pic. With good handwriting, line variation will be even better. The first is a standard medium, second is a medium italic.

Attachments

• $italic.jpg
    $italic.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Top Bottom