What's new

Hair Brushes

Ya know, ever since I started using a shaving brush I've been brushing my hair with natural bristle hair brushes and found them to be the best ever. I only use a comb now on my moustache. The wax sorta gums up the bristles on my hairbrushes too.
Any opinions on hairbrushes out there?

Craig

Ya know, ever since I started using a shaving brush I've been brushing my hair with natural bristle hair brushes and found them to be the best ever. I only use a comb now on my moustache. The wax sorta gums up the bristles on my hairbrushes too.
Any opinions on hairbrushes out there?

Craig

I keep my hair very short lately, so don't use a brush, but I've used in the past:

on the low end: Bass (wild boar)

on the high end: Kent

Kent is far superior.

I'm with Mo. Help me out you guys who use the natural bristles brushes. My hair is fine stranded but I have a lot of it. Kind of a George Clooney cut. In the winter time I get extremely dry scalp. Lots of flakies but it's not really dandruff, just dry scalp. I've heard that a good brushing helps to stimulate the hair folicles and massage the scalp. Other than the Kent, are there any other brushes I should be looking at? BTW, the only Kent I would consider luxury priced are the handmade military style brushes at about $150 each. The machine made ones are not bad at $28-40 apiece.

Regards, Todd

I'm with Mo. Help me out you guys who use the natural bristles brushes. My hair is fine stranded but I have a lot of it. Kind of a George Clooney cut. In the winter time I get extremely dry scalp. Lots of flakies but it's not really dandruff, just dry scalp. I've heard that a good brushing helps to stimulate the hair folicles and massage the scalp. Other than the Kent, are there any other brushes I should be looking at? BTW, the only Kent I would consider luxury priced are the handmade military style brushes at about $150 each. The machine made ones are not bad at $28-40 apiece.

Regards, Todd

I use the Kent military brush. It does stimulate the scalp when I use it. I also like the military brushes from Caswell Massey. To me they are comparable to the Kents at a much better price point.

I have short hair and use the Kent MS 11, and enjoy it greatly. Do I need it, probably not. I have found that my scalp feels better for it.

Top Bottom