What's new

Hair brush for balding scalp

Balding like crazy recently.

The brush I normally use — a plastic one from Kent — seems to feel like it’s scratching my scalp while missing all the hair.

If you have something that works well let me know. Preferably something not made with animal hair like boar bristle. If there was a synthetic boar bristle that was somewhat softer than regular boar, I think it might work well.

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It is a matter of personal choice of course but when I developed a sizeable bald patch on the crown I resolved to keep my hair short. I have it now at a grade 1 at the sides and back, and a 4 on what remains on the top. As a result there is no requirement for me to use a comb or brush. For me the important thing was to recognise when my hair loss had reached the point of no return, accept it, and not try to hide it. I have now had the same bald patch for years and often wish the rest would fall out as a totally bald head can look great. To be honest I don't think I would want a full head of hair again even if I could, and for that I am grateful.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
The two things that immediately spring to mind (and might both be considered ridiculous) are finding a baby hair brush or joining the ranks of the head shavers.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
At the moment I'm ok in the hair department, but I ever start going thin on top the whole lot is coming off. I also keep my hair nice and tidy high skin fade and a #2 on top.

You said you didn't want boar, but if you change your mind, this Conair boar has served me well for many years, from hair long enough to blow dry after showering, through ever shorter buzz cuts. I currently buzz my hair without a guide comb (as short as I can go without wet shaving my head), and the brush still feels great on little hair and bald spots. I also use it on my shaggy, untrimmed goatee.

Top Bottom