What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

I was also in need of some shoe tree and new lace for the Captain boots. Because of black Friday I "scored" a pair of free socks too.

IMG_1453.jpg
IMG_1454.jpg
IMG_1455.jpg
IMG_1459.jpg

The current work horse are in need of a good tune up, it's been raining the whole week. I decided to get me a new plaid shirt too, Kohls had those Eddie Bauer on sale for under $30.

After last week end debacle on the home front I was in need of a small pick me up and decided to open those up today now that all has arrived.

Also the daughter has been asking for a pair of pink boot so well she'll get pink boot...

IMG_1457.jpg

All I asked for Xmas was a pair of socks.

Obviously mom delivered, all the way from the homeland, from the local shipchandler turned lifestyle store , french made wool socks and Belgian made beanie.

I did treat myself to a new flannel shirt from the J Crew Factory store , at $20 that was a no brainer for me as for the shoes oh well lets see if I got the right size this time

IMG_1534.jpg

Just returned home from a few days in Las Vegas. Stumbled upon a HUGE three-story H&M...maybe in the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace? Not a usual shopper there, but decided to give it a look for an inexpensive army-style belt. No luck on the belt, but ended up buying two nicely made scarves on clearance for $5 each! They are polyester/acrylic blend, and not quite as soft as my ~10 year old 100% acrylic scarf from Topman. I think it was $12 on a Nordstrom sale! :laugh: It's getting kinda ratty along one edge, so have been looking for something to replace it with (budget was about $60, but the less the better) and these two are actually the first I've seen in a pattern that I liked in the colors that I wanted. Shocked to find them where I did, and in Vegas of all places.

IMG_9742.JPG

From the Filson day after Christmas 50% off sale. First Filson belt, so my hopes are high that this bridle leather is as good as the stuff Filson used to make my wallet. Happy that I read the reviews and sized up an extra size...I wear 38 pants and this 42 is exactly the same length as my size 40 belt that's from a Nordstrom store brand.

IMG_9812.JPG

Top Bottom