What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

Acquisition Disorder is real. Four months have seen four new watches and two pair shoes to go with them. I think I’m done with that for now. At least I hope so. Two have been Hamilton Khaki Field watches. The latest is a 42 mm “Murph”. The movie was okay but it is pure aesthetics that drew me to it. I also picked up a pair of dark Ariat Square Toed Chelsea/Western Boots to pair with the Murph. I have a pair of the same style already in a different color. I have shown my Seiko 1959 Reinterpretation with it’s Cordovan strap. Today I picked up a pair of casual cordovan loafers. I did not know such things existed. I got a deal on them, but, there is a chance they will have to go back due to size. They were listed as US 9.5’s but, the description said both European and UK. I won’t know until I get them. At any rate I’m excited.
IMG_0923.jpeg

IMG_0925.png
IMG_0924.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Acquisition Disorder is real. Four months have seen four new watches and two pair shoes to go with them. I think I’m done with that for now. At least I hope so. Two have been Hamilton Khaki Field watches. The latest is a 42 mm “Murph”. The movie was okay but it is pure aesthetics that drew me to it. I also picked up a pair of dark Ariat Square Toed Chelsea/Western Boots to pair with the Murph. I have a pair of the same style already in a different color. I have shown my Seiko 1959 Reinterpretation with it’s Cordovan strap. Today I picked up a pair of casual cordovan loafers. I did not know such things existed. I got a deal on them, but, there is a chance they will have to go back due to size. They were listed as US 9.5’s but, the description said both European and UK. I won’t know until I get them. At any rate I’m excited.
View attachment 1717830
View attachment 1717832View attachment 1717831
Oh my! I had no idea that Ariat made anything like that! I will be looking at those my friend.

View attachment 1717830
View attachment 1717832View attachment 1717831
The 42mm "Murph" is my next luxury (to me) watch.

I've been eyeying it for a while.

IMG_1155.jpeg

IMG_1158.jpeg

IMG_1159.jpeg
IMG_1163.jpeg

First analog watch in my WAD. A Nordgreen with a greg textured face. I’m transitioning away from years of smart watches. I want to me more disconnected. Get back to simple. I have an Orient Kamasu on the way tomorrow. They grey is a tad hard to read for my aging eyes. At least this is evening it is. Something different about the Nordgreen watch, the big second hand is for the timer function. The little second hand is what is running all the time. Unless there’s a setting to change it. I have read the all the instructions yet.

I have been on the look out for a sports coat for the last few month, temps are still in the upper 90's here but one day or another it will cool down. Today I managed to find 2 at the same goodwill store in town.

Both are older 100% wool jacket. Both have a few threads that need to be trimmed back (if only I had a sharp blade laying around humm).

The blue one is made in Canada Cremieux brand with Loro Piana fabrics, a tad too long for the sleeve by 1/2 inch

The grey ish one is made in the US Bill Blass for Dillards .

Now the real find would have been a jacket with the gray pattern using the blue fabrics I would have been all other this in a heart beat.

I have a week to decide if I keep one, both , neither ... lets think hard about this one.

IMG-1301.jpg

IMG-1302.jpg

Oh $21.63 for both

Noted an odd fitting with the shoes today. Wore them in the house all day and looked inside this evening. The left and right shoes are different sizes!

I am unable to recommend Tricker's shoes at the moment. Quality checking seems to come up short. Most disappointing.
almost looks like the left one is wider than the right one, might be the camera angle though. Sorry to hear your issue and that you will have to deal with it

Reactions: ctr
almost looks like the left one is wider than the right one, might be the camera angle though. Sorry to hear your issue and that you will have to deal with it

The left shoe is longer. Seems wider too though marked as standard width, but marked as a larger shoe size. Hoping Trickers sends out another pair and pays return shipping on this. Sadly another customer will have a similar experience with opposite feet.

Yup. DIY jobbies. I'd love to agree with them being the best, but the first pair still aren't finished yet. I've spent about three weeks on these so far (it's always slower when just learning), and now the needle tip has come away from the cable. So I need to repair/replace that before I can finish them and take them for a test drive (walk).

View attachment 1664173
impressive work! do you think these will have a bit of stretch at all?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Noted an odd fitting with the shoes today. Wore them in the house all day and looked inside this evening. The left and right shoes are different sizes!

I am unable to recommend Tricker's shoes at the moment. Quality checking seems to come up short. Most disappointing.

Did Tricker’s make this right?

Well I had a bit of saving from the last 2 month, so decided to do the only smart thing on black friday, buy shoes that were not on sale.

IMG_1449.jpg
IMG_1450.jpg
IMG_1451.jpg
IMG_1452.jpg

Thursday Boots Diplomat | Arizona Adobe

Top Bottom