What's new

Grooming Dept club

Not the most recent release- but all sensational soap and AS. I am particularly fond of Ardent….. 🤩

Let us know how they work out for you - Cheers!
I was never terribly concerned about a recent release, but I wanted to try Grooming Department. I look forward to using the soaps I purchased and will keep an eye out for the next batch to try something current!

Brush: RV “Duke Style” @Rudy Vey 28mm Reserve VI Allen Long, one of the best made knots I own, Rudy was correct I love this knot! 🪢

Blade: Timor
Soap: GD “Lavender “. Aion Maxima
Razor: WR2 Ti SB 1.25 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

💯🥇

IMG_4022.jpeg

Doug

I was never terribly concerned about a recent release, but I wanted to try Grooming Department. I look forward to using the soaps I purchased and will keep an eye out for the next batch to try something current!
You picked up a few very fine soaps in the mallard base. TRC just sold out of the newer Maxima formula- all the scents were marvelous.
Mo is currently working on the next drop of mallards- that'll be the next release coming in the Spring. You'll want to follow his IG account and get on his mailing list for updates. There will be some nice ones coming in that drop.

You picked up a few very fine soaps in the mallard base. TRC just sold out of the newer Maxima formula- all the scents were marvelous.
Mo is currently working on the next drop of mallards- that'll be the next release coming in the Spring. You'll want to follow his IG account and get on his mailing list for updates. There will be some nice ones coming in that drop.
M&M is fully stocked with the GD Aion Maxima soaps

I think Pasteur is getting them at some point also. Anyone looking for these scents should jump on them quickly because they seem to sell out in the blink of an eye. Don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
Response from Mo earlier on today, when I asked him if he was holding back any of the Iris Soap.

" Hi, I’m afraid I’m all out. Pasteur will probably post their stock any day now.
Vanitystock will get them in about 10 days."

I've been enjoying l'Avventura (Kairos SE 2023) a lot lately. Thinking about picking up Lavender from his latest release, does anyone know if the scent is basically straight lavender or do the added notes make for a more complex scent profile?

Wonderland for today. Really fascinating take on incense. Sometimes I get the cotton candy like notes but it mostly just smells like how a man would smell. Pretty fascinating scent and a good one for the collection.
View attachment 1800389
I think I should have picked up Wonderland instead of ...
Brush: DG “Somber Hour”. 28mm B15
Blade: Timor
Soap: GD “After the Fire” 🔥 Aion Maxima
Razor: WR2 Ti SB 1.25 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

💯🥇

View attachment 1800516
... After the Fire. Upon initial sniffs, I don't know about AtF. I just received AtF and Unum from the PO and they're still very cold so maybe once they reach room temperature I'll have a better idea on the scent. I'm not a fan of smoke, but I trust Mo so maybe, TBC.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I think I should have picked up Wonderland instead of ...

... After the Fire. Upon initial sniffs, I don't know about AtF. I just received AtF and Unum from the PO and they're still very cold so maybe once they reach room temperature I'll have a better idea on the scent. I'm not a fan of smoke, but I trust Mo so maybe, TBC.
‘Not a fan of smoke’ might have been something to consider before pulling the trigger on a soap that smells exactly like the remnants of a camp fire - at least that is what his original iteration was like. I’m not surprised you don’t care for it.

How is the Unum scent?

From this last drop i picked up Kai, Tobacco Oud, Vetiver, and Wonderland. I wanted AtF, but Mo convinced me to try Wonderland. I really had no interest in Wonderland- its not a crowd pleaser, though unique and interesting. It seems the Iris soap was very hot and everyone wants it, though it's a spin on the purple soap with orris butter which i already have.

I wouldn't be afraid of "smoke" notes especially paired with barbershop. Think of Pinaud Clubman- there is certainly a burning tire smoky element to that scent.

The green vetiver soap is probably my favorite one but i love them all. Congrats and thanks to Mo for such an epic drop.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
From this last drop i picked up Kai, Tobacco Oud, Vetiver, and Wonderland. I wanted AtF, but Mo convinced me to try Wonderland. I really had no interest in Wonderland- its not a crowd pleaser, though unique and interesting. It seems the Iris soap was very hot and everyone wants it, though it's a spin on the purple soap with orris butter which i already have.

I wouldn't be afraid of "smoke" notes especially paired with barbershop. Think of Pinaud Clubman- there is certainly a burning tire smoky element to that scent.

The green vetiver soap is probably my favorite one but i love them all. Congrats and thanks to Mo for such an epic drop.
Posts like this make the sabbatical more challenging!
1708717656832.gif

Top Bottom