What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

I like your picture of your flowering tea. Have not tried any flowering teas. Have been considering carrying them in the store but have not made a decision. Let me know via PM if there is a good demand and I may bring some into the inventory.

fukamushi extra green in my big daddy ambrose sencha cup 10oz

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't seem to make sense of japanese greens. I like the roasted greens like houjicha and houji-kukicha but they are pretty simple teas. All I get is lawn clippings and chlorophyll with varying degrees of sweetness. ick

I'm drinking a mix of houjicha and houji-kukicha now.

fukamushi

anticipating my sinchas to arrive

You should get them very soon. Hibiki-an is very quick at getting the orders out. You know what's weird is that they ship in a paper bag yet Ive never had anything damaged. Everytime Ive ordered from them Ive received my order in about a week. I don't know how they do it.

i have no way of discribing this one. is it a green is it a white? is it a superlight oolong?
tastes like a white looks like a realy light oolong smells green.

snow dragon
proxy.php

proxy.php

a light pink gold color.
proxy.php

Thank you, they sure are delicious :thumbup1: I cant stop drinking them :biggrin1: Greens all day and night with some sheng puerh at night too. The quality and freshness of these teas is just outstanding!

bought some new better quality matcha,
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

mmmmm this stuff is nice a lot "fresh" er tasting than the other matcha i have. sweeter too.

Genmaicha Extra Green with Matcha from Den's. Bleh. Tossed.
Sencha Fuka-Midori from Den's. Moderate lawn with some sweetness. Meh.

Last edited:
My first green. pi lo chun
proxy.php

Must've ruined this one. 7g, quick rinse at 180F, then steep for 1 minute. Very strong & grassy with some other flavor. Too overpowering to appreciate... Second time for 30 seconds. Gaiwan nearly full of leaves. Still not there... Third time for 20 seconds. Way too bitter. Guess I did this one backwards. Or maybe I just don't like it. Have to try a different green tomorrow. Will use less leaf, and maybe lower temperature.

For some of the fresher and nicer green teas, I only use 2-3 grams per session. For the high quality teas, I will use water at about 165-170F and try not to pour directly on the tea to avoid scalding the tea leaves and bringing out the bitterness. Oh, and I also preheat the gaiwan so it does not drive down the temp during the first infusion. When using 2-3 grams of tea, I usually infuse for 2-3 min for the first infusion and slightly longer for subsequent infusions. YMMV and all that good stuff...

For some of the fresher and nicer green teas, I only use 2-3 grams per session. For the high quality teas, I will use water at about 165-170F and try not to pour directly on the tea to avoid scalding the tea leaves and bringing out the bitterness. Oh, and I also preheat the gaiwan so it does not drive down the temp during the first infusion. When using 2-3 grams of tea, I usually infuse for 2-3 min for the first infusion and slightly longer for subsequent infusions. YMMV and all that good stuff...

Thanks. I'll try that next time. After dumping out the gaiwan, I was shocked at how much tea was actually in there--very different weight than the other teas I've tried. I use that glass bowl to keep thing hot. Basically, I preheat the bowl and the gaiwan, then dump the water, refill the bowl, and put the gaiwan inside while infusing. More water means stabler temperature, and it loses less heat than to air. Then the water gets used to heat the pitcher and cups and later to rinse things out.

Top Bottom